People and Strategy
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak):
$53795.00 to $67243.75
Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Learning and Development team in our Leadership and Culture, Office of the SVP, People and Strategy sector. This sector has the focus, the people and the voice to achieve our aspiration that is to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
About the role
The Officer of Learning and Development will maintain the learning management system and ensure the integrated delivery of learning services to all employee segments. This includes overseeing ongoing content management including maintaining the regular review cycle and liaises directly with internal and external content providers to ensure quality and up-to-date learning material is available at all times. You will manage internal promotion of learning offerings, coordinate and schedule learning events including face-to-face, online and blended approaches. You will be managing the registration process for small- and large-scale internal learning events. You will be managing evaluation of training programs and making recommendations for improvement based on results. You will regularly report the impact of learning and development offerings (based on learning objectives), satisfaction and cost by liaising directly with external suppliers to facilitate contract management. In executing these prime functions, the Officer researches and identifies best practices for learning delivery and approaches in order to provide guidance and consistency to content providers. Strong client focus, time management and project planning skills are key to success in this role. This will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
- Post-secondary education or degree in the area of human resources, business administration, education or a related area.
- Minimum of three years of related work experience in the field of human resources or learning and development.
- Strong understanding of learning and development and human resources.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities analysis skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships across a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to persuade, influence and/or negotiate with others on a regular basis.
- Strong planning, organizational and communication skills.
What you will be doing
Learning and Development Functional Support
- Provides analytical, research and administrative support for the development and management of learning and development services, including reporting to identify areas of improvement and enhancement for the trainings provided.
- Provides advice to various stakeholders on learning and development policies, programs, and guidelines.
- Contributes to talent management and learning policy development to ensure policies are aligned with client and business needs.
- Analyzes, develops and coordinates strategies for internal promotion of learning offerings.
- Synthesizes and shares lessons learned with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the impact of learning and development programs are clearly identified and enhanced by the team.
- Researches and identifies best practices for learning delivery and approaches in order to provide guidance and consistency to content providers.
Learning and Development Coordination
- Coordinates the full range of logistics for learning and development programs and training workshops, with much latitude, with the exception of changes that require financial authority, which are approved by the Manager, Talent Management.
- Provides registrar services for learning programs and acts as the first point of contact for clients on training enrolment, waitlists, adding and removing sessions, and queries; role has much latitude in the registrar space.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of training and development initiatives and programs.
- Implements and administers the learning management system (Superuser), using analytical thinking to decide on the most effective system configuration.
- Coordinates with internal stakeholders and builds relationships across the organization, in particular developing collaborative relationships with stakeholders using the centralized learning management system.
Learning and Development Content Management
- Coordinates the procurement process and vendor liaison for learning and development services.
- Monitors, tracks and reports on procurement and contracting and cost-benefit analysis of training initiatives.
- Stays abreast of the latest trends and shares best practices within the talent development and learning areas.
- Oversees ongoing content management including the regular review cycle and liaises directly with internal and external content providers to ensure quality and up-to-date learning material is available at all times.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date:
Note, the competition may remain active until filled
Job Requisition ID:
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.