Quality Online Education Group (QOEG)- Markham, Ontario
QOEG is an e-learning company that provides a comprehensive online English program for grade 1 to grade 8 students based in China, while our highly qualified English speaker tutors and Chinese tutors are throughout North America. We are currently looking for a Curriculum Developer to join our Content team. You will be responsible for designing, creating, writing, and maintaining our course offerings.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop creative and interactive lesson plans tailored to needs of the proposed age groups.
- Analyze and filter research results in the process of designing courses that meet students’ abilities and subject matter accuracy.
- Work cooperatively with the curriculum team members to elevate learning outcomes, create content and design course materials to meet the standards assigned by the department of curriculum
- Support team members to ensure the department’s objectives are met
- Create learning materials (eLearning, PPT games, storyboards, user guides, instructor guides, case studies, exams and other assessments, videos, audio and video scripts, etc.)
- Create, review, and edit learning materials
- Other duties corresponding with this position may occur
Curriculum Development Skills:
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Resourcefulness and strong research skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong time management, organizational and production skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to the proposed materials and requirements
- An eye for details, content suitability and subject matter accuracy
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Google drive and familiar with online platform
- Knowledge of curriculum development methodologies and modern learning approaches.
- University degree in Education, Curriculum Development or related fields
- 2+ years of experience in teaching or curriculum design
- English language fluency (written and spoken).
- TESOL certificate
- Experience in teaching English in Asia
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of web-based-training instructional design
- Experience in training and managing teachers an asset
Job Type: Full Time
Job Type: Full-time
- ESL Curriculum Design: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Markham, ON (Preferred)