Red Seal Carpenters and Non-Certified Carpenters Needed
PRD is one of the Prince George’s top general contractors and has celebrated more than 20 years of exceeding client expectations through the outstanding design, quality craftsmanship and attention to detail.
Led by strong business ethics and community-minded values, we are known for our high standards in the commercial and residential building industry. These standards guide our team of construction and technical experts, as well as our qualified trades partners, toward exceeding each client’s expectations – on time and on budget – on every project.
PRD Construction Ltd. is seeking multiple Carpenters (Red Seal and non-Certified) for current and up coming projects for full-time employment both locally and out of town. Qualified carpenters are to have a are an minimum to have reputable skill in framing and concrete work as well as being able to perform various other finishing and construction tasks.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Reads and interprets blueprints, drawings, and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Prepares layouts in conformance to building codes
- Perform tasks in a safe and efficient manner
- Fit and install material items such as doors, stairs, drywall, exterior siding, and both interior and exterior finishing’s
- Work in a respectful and efficient manner as a team member to complete a common goal
- Have open communications with Superintendent regarding safety, site requirements, and production
- Maintain a safe and tidy work site
- Journeyman Carpenter Certificate from a recognized provincial training authority is not required but will be considered ad asset
- Must have formwork and framing experience
- Able to accurately read and interpret blueprints, drawings, sketches, and understand verbal instructions
- Practical knowledge and application of workplace safety, safe lifting and handling procedures, and proper tool usage
- Be self-motivated, reliable, flexible, and proactive with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Have reliable means of transportation and supply own tool pouch with basic hand tools
- Competitive starting wage depending on experience
- Dental/medical benefits after probationary period is over
Job Type: Full-time
- Carpentry: 8 years (Preferred)