Germiphene knows infection control. Starting over 65 years ago servicing the needs of the dental industry with our extensive product range; from disinfection, cleaning, instrument care, oral health, and hand care. Our drive for continued improvement is a daily commitment shown through new product development, strict quality standards and nurturing customer relationships. This has given us a strong foundation to grow our market to provide disinfection products, and hand sanitizers for all healthcare communities, and other government agencies.
We are innovators.
We are manufacturers.
We are educators.
We are looking for like minded individuals to join our team.
Currently we are looking for a Microbiologist
The Microbiologist role is to perform microbiological testing as per standard procedures and observe their growth in respective media for the purpose of quality control and to assist Microbiology Supervisor in daily duties.
Duties and responsibilities
· Preparation and sterilization of culture media/reagents/solutions and other apparatus and maintain records of preparation and sterilization.
· Testing bio-burden of environmental monitoring samples collected from company plant and other areas and maintaining results.
· Testing bio-burden for cleaning validation for processing equipment.
· Modification or development of testing methods to determine efficacy of products.
· Collection and testing of water samples.
· Performing microbial enumeration and pathogen tests on products.
· Preservative efficacy testing of products.
· BSafe-testing of customer supplied sterilized strips.
· Temperature monitoring of incubators and fridges and maintain records.
· Reviewing records for all lab equipment.
· Perform autoclave daily maintenance, cleaning and verify sterilization by using biological/chemical indicators.
· Assist with New Product Development (R & D)
· Research and purchasing of laboratory equipment/supplies.
· Update laboratory records pertaining to experimental and QC results.
· Calibration of all necessary equipment (pH meter, micropipette).
· Disposal of biohazardous waste.
· Clerical duties (filing & documentation).
· Proper maintenance and quality assurance (authentication and validation) of ATCC cultures used in all testing.
· Comply with ISO 9001 specifications and GMP regulations, standard operating procedures, Good Laboratory Practices & Laboratory safety, and WHIMIS in the Microbiology Laboratory, redesign of safety protocols according to WHIMIS and GLP practices.
· Will follow the responsibilities as outlined in the Ontario Health and Safety Act.
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor of Science – University degree in Science, College Technician diploma or Equivalent
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of lab techniques.
- 6 months of industrial experience (Pharmaceutical preferred) preferred but not required.
- Exposure to a lab, office and manufacturing environment.
- The ability to manage a number of projects at one time, and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of other departments.
- Excellent organizational, time and stress management skills to meet deadlines
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Prolonged periods of standing or sitting in a chair.
- Stress management skills to complete tasks within the deadline.
· Visual acuity and manual dexterity when using instruments, microscopes, etc.
Note: Germiphene is not on a City of Brantford bus route. Candidates and employees must have own transportation.
In compliance with AODA legislation, if you require an accommodation during any part of the recruitment process please advise Human Resources.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our position, however only those receiving consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Industrial (Pharmaceutical): 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)