As a purpose-led company, Securitas employees are united across the country and around the globe. Our purpose serves as a consistent reminder of why our work is so important to our colleagues, clients and the community. Safety is a basic premise for all of us to enjoy life with friends and family as well as to succeed at work. Threats to our safety are ever increasing and becoming more complex. Therefore, our commitment to helping make the world a safer place is more important than ever. Our employees are guided by our 3 values: Integrity, Helpfulness and Vigilance. With over 375,000 employees globally and over $10 billion in revenue in 2018, we have surpassed our competitors by providing quality service year after year. If you are looking to join an elite team of Security Professionals, Securitas is the employer of choice. We are looking for the next Securitas Heroes to join our team.
The site is 566000 square feet and is one of the most prestigious schools in the country. With over 900+ students, the students are routinely admitted into the best universities in the world. The campus is surrounded by lush green space and in a very prestigious neighbourhood. We are looking for the next Securitas Heroes for this wonderful site. Complete with all the amenities you would find at a college campus, this site is an excellent position to gain experience for a career in Law Enforcement. The school is recognized internationally with programs suited for students looking to enter some of the best universities around the world.
Your resume must demonstrate your Security experience and include the duties of each position. Resumes without this information will not be considered. Word or PDF resumes will only be considered.
Position: Security Guard - Campus Security & Life Safety
Shifts: Friday and Saturday 2300hrs-1130hrs
Sunday to Thursday 2300-0700
Status: Full Time orPart Time Permanent
Location: Downtown Toronto (Subway and Transit Accessible)
- Traffic control on weekdays.
- Substantial patrols conducted every 2 hours, patrol length approximately 1 hour of walking per patrol. Must inspect all campus buildings including tennis courts, gymnasium, basketball courts, fence perimeters,
- Use of patrol reporting software (Vision) through site provided mobile device.
- Escalation of emergency situations.
- Trespasser vigilance and interception.
- Detailed incident reporting.
- Filing of work orders related to maintenance needs.
- Interaction with students and the public.
MINIMUM HIRING REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Security Licence.
- Valid CPR Certificate.
- Knowledge of the Trespass to Property Act.
- 2 Years minimum of Security experience including patrols, traffic control, access control etc.
- Experience at an institution or campus security is required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Police Foundations Diploma is a strong asset.
Securitas Canada celebrates diversity and we welcome and encourage applications from the four designated groups; namely women, aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
police foundations, campus security, college, centennial, Seneca, retail, first Canadian, para, pal, g4, garda, MarS, nike, LG, Garron, hospital, tactical, sinai, mount, north York, general, university, private, institution, commercial, banks, commercial, concierge, george brown, ryerson, centennial, seneca, UofT, University, mall, sunnybrook, mt sinai, russell, loss prevention, paragon, humber, trios
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.50 per hour
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.50 per hour
- 12 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Campus Security: 1 year (Preferred)
- Security: 2 years (Required)
- Security Guard (Required)
- CPR (Required)
- Securing assigned posts
- Patrolling on foot
- Preparing reports