Reporting to the Lead Technician, the Trimmer is primarily responsible for the efficiency and quality of the cannabis plant trimming in preparation for retail sale.
Must be precise and dexterous in their trimming so as not to waste any of the cannabis plant and must maintain a clean and organized work environment to avoid contaminating the cannabis.
Duties and responsibilities
- Efficiently trims cannabis plants by hand.
- Responsible for accurately weighing and recording all wet trim weights.
- Responsible for maintaining the organization and cleanliness of the work area while performing trimmings.
- Responsible for ensuring quality product.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and recommending improvements where applicable.
- Communicate known issues to the Trim Lead to ensure a smooth flow of operations within the company.
- Operate in accordance with CannTx Core Values and Guiding Principles.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
- Other job duty assignments, as necessary.
· High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
· Excellent computer, mathematics, language, and reasoning skills.
· Knowledge and familiarity with Cannabis anatomy with excellent eye for detail.
· Manual dexterity skills are essential.
· Solid manual dexterity using scissors, snips, and sheers
· Familiarity with cannabis trimming procedures.
· Works in a timely manner and strives to increase productivity in fast pace environment.
· Demonstrated passion for serving the cannabis community.
· Ability to work within a team and independently.
· Must be able to pass a background check.
· Experience in a complex, fast-paced environment.
· Organization and planning skills
· Basic weights and measurement skills, ability to operate a scale.
5, 8 and 10 hour shifts, includes at least 1 weekend day (Saturday or Sunday), and may include stat holidays.
Sitting for long periods of time, using sharps, bending, reaching, lifting.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00 per hour
- Company Events
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Vision Care
- 10 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
CannTx Life Sciences has implemented a COVID-19 Policy and Procedure in accordance with Provincial regulations ensuring the health and safety of their employees.
- Trimming : 1 year (Preferred)