Job Title: Machine Shop Supervisor
Department: Metal/Mold Shop
Reports to: Production Manager
Purpose of the Job:
This supervisory position requires an individual with strong leadership and motivational skills, who is analytical, organized, and capable of making sound decisions. The Supervisor will be responsible for coordinating the activities of workers engaged in the INOVA Molding & Metal Shop departments.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Implement and manage a workplace inspection system to achieve and maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Manage machine/mold shop stockroom to ensure the necessary tools and equipment are supplied and maintain.
- Plan scheduled maintenance upgrades once approved.
- Ensure collaborative environment through strong communication skills.
- Work under tight deadlines and schedules to ensure on time delivery.
- Interact with department managers to identify and implement productivity improvements.
- Must participate in all EHS (Environmental Health & Safety) rules and regulations.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as required.
- Responsible for supervising a team of approximately 7-9 employees, reporting to Production Manager.
- Lead with integrity and maintain a high level of morale.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- 5 years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Experience in the role of a Journeyman machinist or/and in plastic injection molding will be helpful.
- Must have a strong aptitude in mechanics.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytic, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be innovative, self- motivated and detailed-oriented with an ability to work with low supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Able to interpret drawings, standards and specifications..
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize day-to-day activities and issues.
- Strong knowledge of machine shop procedures and plastic injection molding will be considered an asset.
- Ability to manage and motivate, lead and delegate the machine/mold shop team as necessary to meet project deadlines.
- Solid understanding of Health & Safety as it related to machine/mold shop environments.
- Journeyman Machinist certification with Alberta or Interprovincial Red Seal will be considered an asset.
- Extensive standing and reaching.
- Frequent/repetitive lifting/moving of materials up to 50 pounds.
- Moderate to high level noise, mandatory hearing protection must be worn.
Job Type: Full-time