Fort McMurray Catholic Schools need you!
As a graduate of an educational assistant program or someone who has experience working with individuals who have special needs, you will be embarking on a rewarding career path that offers opportunities to learn and grow professionally. We invite you to put your skills to work by joining our team of dedicated staff who work with students from Grades 1 - 12. The ideal candidates will provide support to students who have developmental delays, emotional and behavioural challenges, autism, learning difficulties, and physical health concerns.
- you are energetic and enjoy working with students
- you thrive in an environment that encourages collaboration
- you believe that all children should reach their full potential, with focus on their independence
- you have pictured yourself working with students and making a significant difference in their lives
Your Education and Experience!
- High school plus completion of post-secondary program in a related field
- Demonstrated successful experience in working with students/individuals who have special needs
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Able to successfully deal with social/emotional and mental health challenges of individuals and groups of students who are often active and demanding
- Superb interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Equivalencies of these qualifications may be considered
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary team providing one-on-one support for Individual Program Plan, goals and objectives as directed by teacher
- Foster a safe, calm and positive learning environment
- Assist with the planning/implementation of instructional materials/activities to meet student(s) needs
- Provide motivation and encourage student(s) participation in their learning and activities
- Work with teachers to provide universal, targeted and specific supports to students
- Work with students using various resources and electronic supports
- Assist with student self-care (dressing, toileting, feeding etc.)
Hourly Rate and Benefits!
- $22.72 - $26.94, dependent on Position and Education
- Full benefit package available upon successful completion of probationary period
Please submit your resume, indicating education, experience and references to:
Fort McMurray Catholic Schools
9809 Main Street
Fort McMurray, AB T9H 1T7
Tel: (780) 799-5700
Fax: (780) 799-5706
Applicants will be required to provide a valid Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Person Check.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time