Award winning Koolhaus Games Inc., is Vancouver, Canada's longest established independent game development studio, founded in 2005. With 7 number 1 games (USA iTunes store), 19 successive 8/10+ critically reviewed games, eleven of which were Top 10, Koolhaus has a solid track record of developing high quality games across most genres.
ROLE: This position requires strong leadership, ability to manage a small team, communication, organization skills, and the ability to work across teams. The candidate will work closely with the Art Director in a highly collaborative environment. Strong communication and collaboration skills are required
- Able to work in an Agile, energetic and fast paced environment
- Collaborate and brainstorm with creative and development team
- Coaching/Mentoring with a small multidisciplinary art team
- Production of 3D Art/Animation within a production pipeline
- Create compelling, 3D Art/Animation across a variety of game genres
- Must be able to take direction and communicate with other disciplines
- Able to contribute creatively to app and game design a benefit
- Must have shipped at least 3 Games in a Lead Artist Role
- Work samples that show strong 3D modelling, texturing, lighting, artistic sensibilities, refined color sense, character animation experience and proficiency in texturing and lighting
- Ability to create compelling 3D rendering of characters, props and environments
- Expertise in Maya/3D Studio Max, Photoshop, 3D Coat, Zbrush.
- Experience Rigging/Animating characters/props
- Experience using Unity and/or Unreal game engines is a definite plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to take direction.
Reports to: Art Director
Permanent full time includes: a competitive salary, benefits and stock option package available for the right candidate
Koolhaus Games Inc. is an equal opportunity and diverse company. Koolhaus is the longest established (since 2005) independent game development company in Vancouver, Canada
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Stock options
- Vision care
- Wellness program
During the pandemic, working from home is the norm. Upon the conclusion of the pandemic, as determined by BC Health, it is expected that Employees will be working at Koolhaus’ office in downtown Vancouver, B.C. Canada.
- Are you willing to take our Art Test?
- Temporarily due to COVID-19