This posting is to fill three (3) term positions, and anticipatory permanent positions.
Highways and Public Works – who we are
Employees at Highways and Public Works are responsible for ensuring safe and efficient public highways, airstrips, buildings, and information systems. Our collective vision is to make a difference in the lives of Yukoners. At all levels of our organization, we value leadership, innovation, teamwork, and keeping our people safe. Our priorities are to be client focused, to support our people, to build sustainably, and to advance reconciliation throughout Yukon.
The Project Coordinator is responsible to support a variety of Branch-wide initiatives related to project management and reporting. This position is responsible for assisting project pre-planning, project control and monitoring and tracking reporting requirements for various intergovernmental agreements. This position may be a good fit for you if you have strong communication, writing and organizational skills and can manage multiple files simultaneously.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please review this information: Apply on a job | Government of Yukon
Essential Qualifications (what we’re looking for in your resume):
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet each of the following qualifications. Please note, selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Experience with contract management and monitoring various activities through project initiation, implementation and closure phases within a government setting,
- Experience in project management, including planning, implementing and reporting on projects, ideally within a government context,
- Experience in research, analysis, development, writing and evaluation of business processes, and
- Experience in transportation planning, engineering, public administration, business, financial accounting or a related field is an asset.
If your resume shows education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above, your application may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability (what candidates will be assessed on):
- Strong written and oral communication skills,
- Good project management and organizational skills and the ability to work independently,
- Ability to establish strong and effective working relationships with technical staff and other stakeholders,
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines, and
- Ability to manage multiple files and task simultaneously.
Conditions of Employment
Valid Yukon Class 5 Drivers License.
Travel throughout Yukon, working in adverse weather conditions, use of personal protective equipment.
- Find out what we offer our employees
See why Yukon government has been identified as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers since 2014
If you have questions about this position, please contact Alyson Miller at [email protected]
If you have questions about applying on a job with Yukon government or if you need an accommodation for this staffing process, please contact Kylie Townend, HR Consultant at [email protected]