Sawdust City Brewing Company is one of the most admired and respected craft breweries in Canada. Our beer is award-winning and sought after by customers across the province and across the country. Our company motto is: At Sawdust City, we don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we take our beer very seriously!
Located in beautiful Muskoka, Ontario, our brewery has become a destination for locals, seasonal residents and tourists alike and is currently rated Trip Advisor’s 2nd best thing to do in South Muskoka, the 1st thing being the lake itself. We boast the largest retail beer fridge of any craft brewery in Ontario, featuring up to 20 different brands at any one time. Our 72 seat taproom, the ‘Saloon’, boasts 18 draught taps and features live entertainment and special events on most evenings throughout the year.
We are looking for a self-motivated Kitchen Crew Member with excellent communication skills and ready to work in a fast-paced environment that requires attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Working on their own, the Kitchen Crew Member is responsible for cooking, preparing, serving, packing and storing food served to the patrons of our Saloon.
- Prepare food in an efficient manner, while adhering to health and safety/food safety guidelines at all times
- Process multiple orders simultaneously
- Follow simple recipe instructions
- Maintain a clean and efficient work space
- Ability to work alone and unsupervised
- Operate a dishwasher and pizza oven
- Clean and reset tables
- Responsible for maintaining inventory and re-ordering stock as needed
- Other duties as assigned - everyone says this, but we really mean it
- Deliver food to tables and and quality check guest's satisfaction
- Food Handler’s Certificate required (we can assist with this)
- Flexibility to work different shifts
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and adapt on the go
- Comfortable working solo and with no supervision
- Exceptional observational skills
- Able to walk or stand for nearly 100% of shift
- Prior kitchen experience is an asset
At Sawdust City we like to have fun, but we also pride ourselves on our dedication to beer. We don’t always take ourselves seriously, but the quality of our product is of the utmost importance. If you feel like you are the right match for the position, please send a cover letter and resume. Please note the position you are applying for in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be
Job Type: Part-time
- Culinary: 1 year (Preferred)