Summary of main responsibilities
This position contributes to the success of Starbucks by providing unparalleled customer service. This role creates the Starbucks Experience for our customers by providing fast service and quality products, while maintaining a clean and comfortable in-store environment. The incumbent must serve as a role model and act in accordance with the guiding principles of Starbucks.
Summary of main responsibilities
The responsibilities and key tasks of the position include, among others:
- Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge to promote Starbucks culture, values and mission. Demonstrate composure during periods of high traffic or during unusual events; maintain operations at their usual speed while setting a good example for the team.
- Anticipate customer and store needs by constantly evaluating the environment and customers to spot indicators. Communicate information to the manager so that the team can take action and create the ideal environment during each shift.
- Participate in the formation of a new partner through positive performance reinforcement with respect and encouragement, as needed.
- Contribute to a positive team spirit by knowing how to recognize red flags and changes in team morale, performance and communicate them to the manager.
- Provide unparalleled customer service by always putting the customer first and aligning with him. Discover and respond to customer needs.
- Follow Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including cash handling and occupational health and safety to ensure the safety of partners during their shift.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace so partners can locate resources and products when they need them.
- Be punctual and continuously present according to his tasks.
- Produce quality drinks, ground coffee and food continuously for all customers following established recipes and standards
- Recognize and strengthen individual and collective achievements using existing organizational methods.
- No experience required
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions, in addition to asking for clarification regarding them, if necessary
- Great interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to build relationships
- Provide superior service that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
Sense of ethics and honesty:
- Respect the values, practices and principles of Starbucks, in good times and in bad times.
- Remain calm, maintain concentration and demonstrate professionalism in difficult situations.
- Take responsibility for their own continuing education in order to acquire new knowledge, skills and experiences.
Dealing with ambiguity:
- Continue to function effectively, even in times of uncertainty and changing priorities.
- Knowing how to make the right decisions on time based on analysis, skills and experience, while using good judgment.
- Know how to build effective relationships with others, at all levels, inside and outside of Starbucks.
- Know how to obtain the expected results and achieve the objectives.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $13.75 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match