Canada (CA) - Calgary, AB
Business Development; Trades/Technical
This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
The Management System Implementation (MSI) Team within TC Energy’s Canada Gas Engineering is looking for a Technologist to join the team. As the Technologist on the team, success will be showcasing your effectiveness in leading the Technician Qualification Program (TQP) in Canada Gas and supporting other initiatives in the Learning and Development portfolio. You will be responsible for providing process improvement expertise to the TQP and working in partnership to develop and implement business change.
What you’ll do
- Lead the modernization of the Technician Qualification Program
- Support the development of the Roles, Responsibilities and Competency Elements for the Canada Gas Management Program
- Lead and co-facilitate with regional personnel, Ops 101 Technical Training Sessions as required within the various field regions
- Support access to information within CGO by using our internal SharePoint and websites as a means for employees to easily access technical information as required
- Work with the team, internal project groups, and planners as required to ensure upcoming technical training associated with commissioning is properly scheduled and supported
- Liaise with RAR, Fleet, and key program owners as needed to help develop annual ‘CGO-wide’ technical training priorities
- Lead small specialized teams in an annual revalidation process of the various technician qualification streams within our LMS (i.e. pipeline, corrosion, mechanical, etc.)
- Presentations and/or training as required for various internal stakeholders on various technical subject matter
- Work closely with the Technical Centre to support the development of corporate training initiatives, priories and improvements
- Supporting LMS system knowledge and usage though focused information sharing and education sessions with individual employees, teams, and or departments/regions
- Leading consistent approaches across CGOEP and regions in terms of how we are using LMS data to drive key behaviors within our business
- Partner with Operations, Team Members and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to help identify areas for improvement with regards to operation’s technical learning
- Minimum eight (8) years of technical experience in pipeline related operations
- Graduation from a 2 or 3 year technical school program or associate degree in engineering technology
- Strong technical background in pipeline operations: this may be pipeline-specific experience and/or other disciplines such as controls & automation, measurement, mechanical, etc.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project), Microsoft Teams, SnagIt (or any other snipping tool)
- Journeyperson qualification is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work effectively within a team and influence others through effective, results-oriented analysis
- Ability to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple deliverables in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to partner within functional, cross-functional and technical teams to build effective working relationships
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
About our business
Our 93,330 km (57,900-mile) natural gas pipeline network is positioned in two of the most prolific and lowest cost basins in North America – the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and the Appalachian Basin. Our systems are well placed to meet the continent’s growing demand for clean-burning natural gas by connecting the supply in these basins to important and growing markets across the continent. We supply more than 25 per cent of the clean-burning natural gas consumed daily across North America.
Apply to this posting by 02/01/2021 using reference code 79202. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
- Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
- Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
- All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
- TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.