Packaging Machinery Concepts Ltd.
This is an attractive opportunity for an experienced Service Technician Millwright who is ready to be a key part of the future growth of this rapidly emerging developer of packaging equipment solutions.
Packaging Machinery Concepts Ltd. (www.pmcltd.ca) has 20 years’ experience serving its clients’ packaging requirements with a mix of brand name packaging equipment and custom manufactured solutions. Clients love our attention to detail, our high level of customer service and our commitment to ensuring the success of each and every project.
The Service Technician Millwright is responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance, overhaul and improvement modifications of automated processing and packaging equipment or innovative automated solutions.
The main requirements are for an organized approach and a high volume of activity that achieves positive results.
- Analytical troubleshooting and the application and development of predictive and preventative maintenance programs
- Root cause troubleshooting including the ability to understand process operations
- Applicable knowledge of electrical controls
- Ability to interpret information from complex machine manuals and generate reports
- Working knowledge of electronic components such as PLC controls, variable frequency and servomotor drives.
- Personal initiative for continuous improvement
- Gathering all necessary information required to generate a quotation including all necessary data and site drawings
- Collaborate with other team members to prepare and submit quotations which meet acceptable margin requirements to prospective clients
- Where required, assist the customer to prepare the request for quotation specs in a way that favours the company
- Build and maintain a high level of trust with clients by dealing with their issues in a prompt and straightforward manner and ensuring repeat business
Skills / Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of successful technical experience
- Red Seal Millwright Certification
- Familiarity with Allen Bradley PLC programming
- CAD software familiarity would be beneficial
- MIG and TIG welding experience
- Fluency with MS office
- Excellent mechanical and electrical skills, as well as machine assembly and fabrication
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain relationships
- Excellent communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to make presentations and to write reports, and business correspondence
- Excellent organization skills
- A tendency towards perfectionism in project execution
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions provided in written, oral, diagram or schedule formats
- Driver’s Licence G
Why Work With Us?
- Opportunity to learn directly from the founder of the company and to lead the maintenance efforts of this organization once established in your role
- Competitive hourly wage with overtime
- Use of company vehicle during working hours
- Benefits program
- Subsidized education program
Please note that accommodation for job applicants with disabilities is available during the assessment process upon request.
We thank all who apply, however only those most closely matching these requirements will be contacted for an interview. Please do not contact the company directly.
Job Type: Full-time
- technical: 3 years (Preferred)
- Allen Bradley PLC programming: 1 year (Preferred)
- MIG and TIG welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Drivers License G (Required)
- Red Seal Millwright (Required)