Spinnaker Resorts (Ontario), Ltd., is now hiring for a full-time Web and Email Developer in Toronto, Ontario.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for website(s) development including performance testing and reporting.
- Implement web design and development projects including defining, planning, scheduling and driving progress.
- Present web design and development options and decisions to key stakeholders.
- Responsible for ongoing management of web content (Content Checklist) , SEO implementation and graphic layout of all content on the Spinnaker Resorts’ website and secondary sites.
- Follow (and set up where necessary) business logic to manage feeds and maintain taxonomy conventions.
- Create visually stunning, 100% mobile email landing pages for email campaigns, and send campaigns.
- Report success of email campaigns to stakeholders, reviewing and advising on all campaign performance KPIs.
- Maintain complete ownership and day-to-day management of all website and email campaigns.
- Develop, execute and report on SEO strategy.
- Consistently analyze, measure, and track site ranking factors, including keywords, internal and external links, site content, on & off page factors and competition – to achieve business goals.
- Manage Google Analytics and other web statistics tools.
- Drive growth and efficiency of website content and processes to achieve business goals.
- Research and recommend new technologies, processes and improvements to optimize website user experience, performance and strategic marketing functionality.
- Review competitive websites and information to identify new tactics and best practices.
- Managing Vendors – this will primarily involve managing hosting company (or alternatively working with internal IT designee).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Marketing, Business or a related field.
- At least 5 or more years of experience in Web Development (including SEO and Web Marketing), including: designing, building and testing commercial web pages.
- Expertise in: HTML (Adobe Dreamweaver), CSS, Word Press, Adobe Photoshop, VPS (Plesk) Management, SEM?SEO, MS Excel, Google Analytics/Webmaster Tools.
- Proven ability to develop compelling and effective web design and landing page content that effectively supports online direct response campaigns.
- Possess excellent portfolio of website production projects (responsive design that perform in all browsers).
- Strong attention to detail with a head for analytics.
- Ability to work with various types of data to develop and analyze trends and insights.
- Knowledgeable with keyword research, competitive analysis and performance scorecards.
- A strong design sense with experience using Adobe Photoshop to do image slicing, resizing, optimization, and other core manipulations.
- Expert knowledge of web development technologies and usability standards.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), collaboration, project management skills and good general business knowledge.
- Experience with social media platforms.
- Experience with mobile sites.
- Proven success working in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with basic statistical probability.
Optional Skills a Plus:
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator, Quark, Graphic Design/Advertising, JQuery Library, Google Adwords/Bing, or Ajax are desired.
- Current or previous work experience in Hospitality and/or Travel Industry.
Job Type: Full-time
- Web Development: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Toronto, ON (Preferred)