CommuniCare is looking for Occupational Therapists
Do you value independence, flexibility, and the opportunity to work with diverse patient populations?
CommuniCare Therapy has been working with Independent Contractor Occupational Therapists for over 25 years. At CommuniCare Occupational Therapists have opportunity to work in the patient’s most important environment – their home or school.
Occupational Therapists will join a multi-disciplinary team of dedicated and resourceful Physiotherapists, Speech-Language Pathologists, Dietitians and Social Workers.
CommuniCare is a service provider for Local Health Integration Networks and the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario.
We are currently looking for Occupational Therapists to work part time or full time as follows:
Pediatric Services: School-based & In-home based care in the following locations:
- Ottawa – bilingualism preferred
- Eastern Counties (Prescott/Russell, Dundas and Cornwall) - bilingualism is required
- North Grenville North Lanark - bilingualism an asset
As an Independent Contractor Occupational Therapists with CommuniCare can expect:
- Flexibility – set your own schedule
- Control of caseload – select from casual, part time or full-time equivalents
- Opportunities for professional development and continuing education
- Resources and peer support – even while on the road
- Competitive remuneration – including opportunities for tax deductions
All applicants should ensure they have the following:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Occupational Therapy
- Membership (or eligibility for) with College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
Proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 and its variants is a condition of hiring. Accommodation may be granted to those who have a legitimate medical exemption or other exemptions recognized under Ontario's Human Rights Code. Official documentation must be provided as evidence of vaccination status or exemption.
CommuniCare Therapy complies with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you have any special requirements during the recruitment process, please advise our recruiting personnel.
Please apply directly through our website: www.communicare.ca
Expected start date: 2021-09-07
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
- Are you bilingual English and French?
- occupational therapy: 1 year (preferred)
- driver's license (required)
- registration or eligibility with COTO (required)