NATURE OF WORK
The principal and customary work of the employee in this employment class consists in performing various technical tasks of an administrative nature. He assists support personnel as well as users of the department concerned. Regarding office automation, he coordinates the team's work or carries out the more complex technical tasks.
The incumbent will be responsible for implementing and executing a set of administrative tasks related to communications, mainly to awards, bursaries and scholarships.
Length of the contract :Requirements :
- Participate in the creation of procedures, guidelines, and policies pertaining to the communications dossiers;
- Assist in the development of efficient processes and streamline related tasks to ensure a smooth functioning;
- Administer all aspects of awards dossiers: applications and nominations, recipients’ information and selection, recruitment of award selection committee members, revision of awards classification;
- Meet with students to provide information, providing guidance of procedural requirements;
- Liaise with various internal (eg. Communications Counsellors, Department Chairs, Finance, Foundation etc.) and external stakeholders (eg. government officials, organizations) concerning all operational aspects of the awards, bursaries and scholarships dossier;
- Participate in the promotion of the communications dossiers using various platforms (eg. Omnivox, targeted MIOs, posters, newsletter etc.);
- Assist in the organization of College-wide events as well as benefit events and other activities (eg. awards ceremony, convocation etc.);
- Update SharePoint site and the Awards webpage regarding all information that pertains to awards, recipients, funding, documents and tasks, certificates etc.;
- Perform other related tasks.
In the administration field, have a diploma of college studies (DEC) in administration with an appropriate specialty or, in the office automation field, a diploma of college studies (DEC) in office automation with an appropriate specialty or, a diploma or an attestation of studies which is recognized as equivalent by the competent authority.
Required Tests :Comments :
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with parents and a diverse student population;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with internal and external stake holders, and benefactors of the College;
- Excellent communications skills, in both English and French, oral and written (testing may be required)
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to work in a team; ability to take initiative in a variety of situation;
- Intermediate Microsoft Word and Excel skills (testing may be required).
Please note that a cover letter addressed to Anca Oprisi is mandatory. If your work experience has changed since your last visit, be sure to attach an updated resume.
If you are applying on a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an email acknowledgment asking you to update your file and submit your resume for your application to be considered.
Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. We thank all applicants for their interest in Dawson College, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Priority is given to internal candidates within their employment category.