Medical Office Assistant
Sea to Sky Pediatrics -North Vancouver, BC
$ 23-25 per hour
Part/Full time, Permanent, start date October 2021
Who we are:
Sea to Sky Pediatrics is a new pediatric medical clinic located in North Vancouver. Our clinic was established by 2 experienced North Shore pediatricians who work both in the clinic and who provide care at Lions Gate Hospital and BC Children’s Hospital. We currently have 6 pediatricians and are continuing to expand. Our office team is warm, friendly and loves to work with children and their families. We are looking for an experienced and skilled medical office assistant who is excited about the opportunity to join us and to support our clinic's growth. The successful candidate would be one of three medical office assistants and would work directly with our existing medical office assistants, our office manager, and the physicians in our clinic. Our physicians and office staff will continue to grow to ensure we are meeting our goal of providing high quality, family centered and accessible health care to our pediatric patients.
Who you are:
You are excited about the opportunity to work with children and their families to ensure they have the best experience possible with our office. You are excited to be part of a team that works hard and love to laugh. You are experienced and bring a high sense of professionalism and responsibility to your work. You are a keen learner and are willing to help our clinic grow smoothly and efficiently.
- Provide direct assistance to patients and physicians.
- Help generate and embrace a welcoming, friendly and efficient atmosphere.
- Greet and attend to patient and their family during their appointment.
- Maintain reception and examination rooms.
- Maintain the workflows and organization of the office.
- Answer phone lines, retrieve and relay messages.
- Maintain accurate, well organized and up to date medical records.
- Schedule new and follow up appointments.
- Support and participate in ongoing clinic policy and procedure development.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience as a medical office assistant 2+ years preferred
- Experience working with children and families
- Medical office assistant certification
- Experience using Electronic Medical Records, Accuro EMR an asset
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Self motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment requiring strong multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and willingness to embrace new technologies and learning experiences.
- Self motivated learner who will identify skills needed and participate in ongoing learning opportunities to enhance their work.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.00-$25.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
COVID19 Office Policy and Procedure in effect following all Public Health guidelines to ensure the safety of our patients and our staff.