What you'll do
- Receives, unpacks and checks incoming materials, ensuring that good are delivered as per specifications and completes related paper work such as signing delivery slips.
- Assembles issues, delivers and ships goods for return and/or from requisition requests received, completes appropriate documentation and records for charging to appropriate areas, as required.
- Contacts suppliers to resolve shipping/receiving related discrepancies.
- Transmit faxes for the department as required.
- Stores all goods received in appropriate space.
- Transports stock and materials to all areas of facility.
- Assists with physical inventories as required.
- Cleans and rotates stock, and keeps assigned stores areas in a clean and tidy condition.
- Performs related clerical duties including filing, as required.
- Maintains security measures such as closing doors and windows, turning off lights and electrical equipment.
What you bring
- Grade 12
- One year recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Experience in stocking, replenishment, merchandising, shipping and receiving.
- Physically carry out the duties of the position, including heavy lifting.organize work.
- Organize work
- Communicate both verbally and in writing
- Work automonously and in a team environment.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Status: Casual (on call) - Must be available to work on an on-call basis with no guaranteed shifts! Please note you are required to be available to pick up short call (1-5 hours of notice) and booked shifts.
Location: Box 7777, 5544 Sunshine Coast Hwy, Sechelt
Hours/Days : 07:30-15:30/Monday through Friday
Closing date: Open until filled
Wage: $21.77 / hour + 12.6% in lieu
Reference #: 109912E
What we do
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reference ID: 109912E
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $21.77 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- On call