The Administrative Clerk position consists of supporting committee members with overall administrative support in operations and tasks. This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs Grant Program. The position is a great opportunity for a university student or new grad.
The position is expected to represent the philosophy and goals of OSCA responsibly and professionally and display flexibility, professionalism and good leadership. The Administrative Clerk will work with the Senior's Watch of Old Ottawa South (SWOOS) to provide administrative and technical support to advance the committee's goals and objectives. The individual will work closely with volunteers, Directors of the Board, clients in Old Ottawa South and staff at OSCA.
The key responsibilities for this position would include the following:
1. Posting and organizing content on SWOOS web pages. Suggest minor changes to improve the look and feel of the pages.
2. Communicate with clients, volunteers, and stakeholders to provide updates on SWOOS activities and resources.
3. Establish a Facebook presence for SWOOS, encouraging seniors' participation in consultations, with links to SWOOS webpage. Provide guidance on how SWOOS can engage Facebook as a long-term outreach tool.
4. Provide assistance in ongoing SWOOS projects by creating an inventory of senior resources and updating this resource online.
5. Provide research assistance to the SWOOS Committee with community consultations, surveys, and research of strategic resources.
6. Participate in SWOOS committee and sub-committee meetings.
- Secondary School Diploma
- Enrolled in Post-Secondary Education
- Enrolled in business administration, public administration, gerontology, or aging studies is considered an asset.
- Past work experience in a non-profit or office setting is considered an asset.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 8 weeks
Salary: $16.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Application deadline: 2022-05-24
Expected start date: 2022-06-06