Ontario Partners in Health (OPiH), formerly University of Ottawa Health Services (UOHS) is a privately-held, health services management company founded in 1989. Since our inception, OPiH has expanded the breadth and scope of services offered to the University of Ottawa community as well serving alumni and the general community.
The University of Ottawa Health Services and the Family Health Team, now known collectively known as ByWard FHT, currently has over 100 health care professionals and 115 staff members with 4 locations comprising over 35,000 square feet of space on, and adjacent to, the University of Ottawa main campus.
In addition to our core work managing the ByWard FHT, OPiH has extended our activities into managing clinical services for a variety of other clients, both private and institutional, in the primary care and long-term care sectors. Significant expansion of space and services, particularly over the last 10 years, has provided OPiH with many opportunities to hone skills and develop experience and resources in the areas of clinical management, human resources management, project management, facilities management, information management, marketing and communications, government relations, and in particular, student relations/placements and service excellence.
The medical records clerk works with the records team to ensure correspondences are well received and distributed through Ontario Partners in Health (OPIH).
- Triaging and distribution of all incoming mail correspondence;
- Reconciliation of documents relating to the medical record;
- Prepare all documents for scanning ensuring staples and clips are removed and pages are oriented correctly and organized for efficiency;
- Scan medical correspondence and allocate to appropriate patient records as per OPIH naming conventions;
- Ensure quality control i.e. correct patient name, date of encounter, document quality and imaging;
- Ensuring all work is accurate in terms of format, spelling, and grammar allocated to the correct chart;
- Maintenance of scanning equipment according to manufacturer specifications;
- Receive, sort and distribute outside mail/ parcels/FedEx according to internal procedure;
- Receive medical correspondence (including internal mail) and distribute to physicians according to internal procedure;
- Acting as a backup for the correspondence clerk;
- Other clinic related duties as required by physicians, AHP’s and/or administration that are mutually agreed upon by the incumbent and direct supervisor.
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent GED and a college program or other specialized courses for medical administration;
- Bilingual (French and English);
- Computer literacy: MS Word, Outlook, EMR;
- Experience working with medical records;
- Knowledge of medical terminology an asset;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Employment classification: full-time
- Hourly rate: $17.11 - $23.85
Until the position is filled
We thank all applicants for their submissions, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
OPIH is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact us at 613-564-3950.