Assist customers in selecting and loading materials needed while maintaining, manage a clean and safe lumber yard. Ensure that products are properly stocked and ready to be purchased. Manage the operations of a busy lumber yard environment, including driving, shipping and receiving functions when required. Manage warehouse, deliveries and receiving. Provide a good leadership for yard staff.
1. Work in compliance with laws and regulations, attend and complete all required health and
safety training, report all accidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal
safety and the safety of others.
2. Ability to run a busy yard environment to look after shipping and receiving.
3. Willingness to be able to adjust to the ever changing needs of our contractors/customers and
build good relationships.
4. Able to work longer hours when busy.
5. Ability to build delivery loads.
6. Unload trucks and keep a clean yard area.
7. Courteously interact with all customers, fellow employees and others on a daily basis. Ensure
that both appearance and attitude reflect company standard. Also provide good leadership.
8. Maintain the yard area in accordance with the lumberyard housekeeping standards while
managing inventory levels to maintain needed stock, also discuss with the store manager
to order product.
9. Have good product knowledge and warehouse layout to be able to recommend and help
customers find product required.
10. Manage maintenance of physical assets: Building equipment and rolling equipment.
1. Must have very good organizational and leadership skills.
2. Ability to work with staff/customers
3. Valid fork lift license
4. Physically fit
5. Experience in a lumber yard environment
6. Class 5 with air brakes
Job Type: Full-time
- Regulations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Air Brake Endorsement (Preferred)
- Forklift Certification (Preferred)