As the Production Line Operator, you are responsible for ensuring that the proper quantity of product is in each package as per the Customer specifications
- Tend to the line and place/arrange the product/package on the line
- Watch for imperfect product and remove it from the line
- Place product in the package according to customer specs
- Ensure proper amount of product is packaged according to the Customer specs.
- Make packages (boxes) when necessary
- When necessary place appropriate labels on boxes
- Maintain a neat, tidy and clean workspace at all times
- Comply with all GMP’s & Company Policies at all times
- Responsible to wipe down equipment at the end of shift (i.e. excess pastry stuck to rollers, flour dust on conveyors etc.)
- All other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Heavy lifting may be required up to a maximum of 20 kg
· May be required to stand for long periods of time
· May be required to perform repetitive motions
· May engage in bending, stooping or squatting
· Due to the environment, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions which include extreme heat, humidity and cold
Health and Safety
· Conduct all Job Tasks in a Safe and Responsible manner.
· Participate in all Health and Safety, GMP and HACCP training as required.
· Report any accidents, incidents and unsafe/hazardous conditions to your leadhand/supervisor.
· Report any damages of property and machinery to your leadhand/supervisor.
- Ensure that you understand how and when to use the Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) that is located in your work area.
- Ensure you comply with OHSA, WSIB, MOL regulations and/or laws that govern “workers” responsibilities in the workplace (covered during orientation – section 28 of the OHSA i.e. “Green Book”) and Comply with Tradition Fine Foods Ltd. Safety Rules and Good Manufacturing Practices, and HACCP Programs
· Good command of English – written and verbal
· Attention to details
· Ability to follow instructions both written and verbal
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Able to follow GMP and HACCP instructions
· Previous manufacturing experience would be an asset
· Ability to work rotating shift is a must
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- Food Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)