ACE Bakery (a division of Weston Foods)is a leading North American bakery company with a specialized focus across all key bakery categories, including breads and rolls, donuts, pies, cakes, alternatives breads, and others. We bake our products in more than 50 facilities across Canada and the USA, conducting our business with integrity, contributing to our communities, and fostering a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to getting better every day. Our artisan breads, anchored by the beloved ACE Bakery brand, specializes in premium all natural artisan bakery products. Using time-honored European traditions and techniques, ACE Bakery has created a legacy of high-quality delicious breads, recognized by many of the top chefs across North America.
We are currently hiring (1) Full-time Shipper/Receiver's for our Morning Shift at our North York Bakery located at 1 Hafis Road, North York, ON!
This is a permanent, full-time role within the Weston Foods organization. We offer a competitive compensation package, great benefits, a robust pension plan, and opportunities to grow and develop your career with a proud Canadian company and premier bakery.
Benefits of working for ACE Bakery:
- $20/Hour to start
- Full benefits package including health, dental, and life insurance, pension, and profit sharing program.
- 5 days/week job
- Hourly Rate increases after 6 Months of Employment
- Paid Breaks and Lunches!
- Convenient, transit-accessible location in North York!
- Free bread every day!
Skills and Other Requirements:
- Responsible for storing the products in the freezer and ensuring the correct product is shipped out.
- Working in the warehouse and in/out of the freezer, operating a Raymond Reach Stand-up and Counter Balance forklift, and pallet walk-behind.
- Move pallets of finished goods from staging area to the correct slot in freezer.
- Organize freezer, replenish and organize part pallets
- Pick orders and fill reefer trailer in correct order.
- Complete all paperwork and prepare invoices with accurate count of reefer contents.
- Inspect and receive all deliveries, ensuring all paperwork is correct and perform inventory counts.
- Ensure production has necessary ingredients and packaging materials as production schedule.
- Comply with all applicable legislative and ACE Bakery food safety, health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Forklift license and experience
- Previous Shipping/Receiving experience.
- Ability to lift upto 50lbs repetitively.
- Strong communication and math skills.
- Accurately completes paper work, detailed oriented.
- Ability to work a flexible 8-hour shift.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Weston Food’s Accommodation Policy, ACE Bakery will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. Please reach out to our team at ACE Bakery to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process. Information relating to the need for accommodation will be addressed confidentially.