Underground Line Locator
Lawson is a leading consulting and surveying company. We go into remote locations, working accurately and efficiently while maintaining a high level of safety. Throughout our history, we have successfully gathered the data needed and provided the information and guidance required by our clients, no matter the location or level of difficulty presented in each project.
As we continue to grow, our company is accepting applications for Underground Line Locatorpositions. The successful individual(s) will have multiple years of experience in line locating, responsible for safely and accurately locating/staking of underground utilities. Most work will be based in Manitoba however, there may also be projects throughout Canada.
The Underground Line Locator will be responsible to:
- Read and interpret utility maps, site plans and as-built drawings, able to identify type and size of any potential barrier in the construction zone.
- Locate underground utilities including telecommunications, power, cable TV, gas, water and sewer systems etc. and mark their location on the ground.
- Capture accurate locations using GPS
- Prepare sketches and photograph all identified barriers
- Complete necessary paperwork in a precise and timely matter
- Supervise and direct an assistant on the field.
- Continually update various safety and training certifications
- Adhere to Lawson’s safety program.
- Act with honesty and integrity to represent Lawson in a professional and positive manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 to 4 years of line locating experience is required.
- Experience with induction sweeps for unknown underground utilities and infrastructure would be an asset.
- Willing and able to travel as shift work may last up to 21 days
- Must be computer literate with experience in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Keen attention to detail, with excellent organizational skills.
- Physically capable of performing the duties of the position, with a willingness to work in remote sites in adverse weather conditions.
- Having the following training / certifications is an asset:
- Line Locating
- H2S Alive
- Ground Disturbance
- UTV/ATV Training
- First Aid & CPR
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
What We Offer
Empowered and motivated employees are the source of our success and the basis for our growth. We recruit energetic and motivated staff dedicated to delivering the utmost value to our clients by efficiently performing accurate surveys and providing timely professional results. We’re proud of our team and committed to providing opportunities for our employees to develop both personally and professionally. You won’t get lost in the numbers here, but rather enjoy positive guidance as you learn, grow and create an impact. Lawson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- line locating: 2 years (Preferred)
- Virden, MB (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred)