Greater Vancouver Community Services Society (GVCSS) is a non-profit society delivering care and services in the community to support the independence and well-being of the elderly, people with disabilities, and others who require support to retain or regain health and autonomy.
We are looking for a qualified Full Time Group Home Care Aid to fulfill aa opportunity at one of our North Vancouver group homes.
During this time of the COVID-19 pandemic, we remain committed to the health and safety of our employees. We are diligently following all directions from the Ministry of Health and Vancouver Coastal Health Authority, and we are providing all necessary PPE supplies. We care about our health care workers and we are here to support you.
Schedule: 32 hours per week: Saturday/Sunday, 1400-2200, and Monday/Tuesday, 1600-0000
Location: North Vancouver Group Home (Mt Seymore Parkway)
Wage: Starting rate of $22.38 per hour + benefits package after probationary period
- Comprehensive personal care
- Community involvement – such as going bowling, attending music therapy, and shopping
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- 24/7 monitoring to ensure client health and safety
- Post-secondary certificate in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Valid Class 4 B.C. Driver’s License
- Current “Emergency Adult Care” First Aid and Cardio-pulmonary certification
- Ability to: work independently but within a team environment, and work under pressure while still maintaining time restrictions.
- Ability in conflict resolution and personnel interaction
- Competency in written and verbal communication
Who are we and what do we offer?
Since 1988, GVCSS has offered specialized care and supervision for individuals with profound physical and developmental disabilities through the operation of six group homes in the Lower Mainland. The GVCSS Community Living Program is proud to have been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) since 2006.
- A comprehensive benefits package including health and dental
- A unionized work environment and compensation
- Ongoing training and skills upgrading
- Up-to-date mobile communication technology
- All Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) supplied
We thank you in advance for your application but only qualified individuals will be contacted.
Visit our website for more information: www.gvcss.bc.ca
Expected start date: 2020-10-17
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $22.38 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- BC Care Aid Registration (Preferred)
- First Aid & CPR (Required)
- Class 4 Driver's License (Preferred)
- Assisting clients with personal hygiene and getting dressed
- Assisting clients with housekeeping or other daily errands
- Providing companionship and emotional support
- Observing and reporting on changes in the health or status of the client
- Taking vitals, height, and weight
- Preparing food and feeding clients
- Maintaining clients' health equipment
- Responding to emergency situations
- Administering medication
- Transporting client to appointments
- Assisting clients with rehabilitative exercises
- Providing support with academic, social or recreational activities