Who we are:
At Reitmans (Canada) Limited (RCL), every moment of every day revolves around our customers and our love of fashion. We believe fashion empowers our customers to put their best foot forward when it matters the most. From the design table to the stores and our digital channels, we are always finding new ways to create memorable customer experiences, backed by a strong brand portfolio and powered by the most passionate people in the industry.
Reporting to the Manager Content Communication for the Penningtons brand, you will be part of the team responsible for bringing our product and marketing brand to life through words that inspire and identify with our customers. As the Public Relations Specialist, you are responsible for developing PR strategies and plans to increase brand exposure and drive customer affinity. You accomplish this through the media contacts you know and nurture, the customer initiatives you coordinate and the media opportunities you create to propel our brand into the future.
- Develop annual PR plans and strategies to support and elevate the brand voice to further promote the Penningtons. This includes sponsorship programs, contests, media relations and influencer relations;
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with Canadian media and influencers;
- Plan and develop media lookbooks and monthly media push;
- In partnership with the content and social media teams, manage monthly influencer initiatives;
- Filter all sponsorship, co-promotions and media requests as well as identify and craft targeted opportunities for event planning and implement them as part of the overall marketing strategy;
- Track results of PR initiatives and makes recommendations and modifications accordingly.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in administration, communications, marketing, journalism or related field;
- Minimum 3 years experience in public relations with some established media contacts;
- An understanding and a passion for the industry in which we operate;
- A desire to learn the brand vision and customer with a focus on trends and cultural influences;
- At ease communicating in both French and English.
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Reitmans (Canada) Limited is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees - their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for providing an accessible candidate experience.