Job title :
PATIENT REGISTRATION CLERK / CASHIER
ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
PERMANENT FULL TIME
Do you have front-line clerical experience and wish to work at the leading edge of healthcare to maximize your skills and be part of a dynamic team? Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops, BC is looking for Permanent Full Time Patient Registration Clerks / Cashiers. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
- A current 5 Minute Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
- Proof of completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
- Your Grade 12 Diploma;
- Completion of an Accounting Course will be an asset;
- Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- A Cover Letter stating your availability to work in which worksite(s), to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
- Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs a variety of clerical duties related to receiving and registering of patients and cashier functions such as:
Hours of work:
- Patient registration;
- Identifies bed booking options;
- Cashier duties - receiving payments for a variety of patient bills and sundry accounts, recording payments in cash journals and summary sheets, and issuing change and receipts;
- Receives, checks and deposits patient valuables for safekeeping, returns valuables and maintains related records;
- Clerical duties - typing, compiling and distributing various documents/lists/schedules, completing data entry for pre-admissions, admissions, discharges, and transfers;
- Receives patients/visitors and directs to appropriate areas;
- Processes requests for patient telephone system, setting up phone and payment plan;
- Assists with orienting new staff by performing duties such as demonstrating work procedures and demonstrating use of equipment;
- Performs other related duties as required.
Nights – 23:00 to 07:00
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12,
- Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Completion of a 5 Minute Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
- Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**