Are you an individual that has a passion for making a difference?
At Anson Place Care Centre we are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.” We are seeking a candidate that shares our values - a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
At Anson Place Care Centre, we are passionate about providing compassionate care for families' loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values at Anson Place Care Centre follow a ‘People’ focused Philosophy, P articipation E xcellence O penness P erformance L ongevity E fficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home.
We are currently hiring FT Unit Clerks for our home. Hours are based on home need and but will include days, evenings and weekends.
This position is responsible for but not limited to assisting with all the day to day facility wide nursing administrative functions.
The successful candidate will have:
- High school diploma with courses in typing. Nursing background an asset.
- High comfort level with using computer hardware and software programs. PCC experience an asset.
- Expedient data entry skills.
- Sense of responsibility, integrity and confidentiality.
- Must be well groomed, patient, courteous, tactful and pleasant.
- Must be level headed and calm in emergencies.
- 1 to 2 years experience in long term care
- Excellent communication skills with residents, families and fellow employees
- Must have a clear vulnerable sector screen, no older than 6 months, must be able to provide three work references
- Ability to problem solve, have conflict resolution skills and understand team concepts and team building.
- Screen and prioritize all telephone calls and inquiries.
- Responsible for preparing correspondence on the unit.
- Use a variety of forums to communicate effectively with employees, external agencies, residents and families.
- Assist with resident admission, discharge and relocation process.
- Filing of clinical reports, sort and file deceased and discharged records.
- Ensure residents’ charts are in good condition and will maintained.
- Maintain clinical files in accordance with relevant policies and legislation.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to speaking with you, and making every moment count!
Anson Place Care Centre takes the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees are required to notify their director manager/supervisor if they have any particular accessibility needs and the Organization will work with the employee to address them.