SNAP Financial Group is a payment solutions company that offers point of sale financing in Home Improvement. Our loan origination systems are a critical part of our competitive strategy. Since 2006, SNAP has been helping businesses grow across Canada. We have partnered with some of North America’s leading brands in the home improvement space to put innovative financing programs in place. Our home improvement payment solutions make it possible for homeowners across North America to improve the comfort and enjoyment of their homes.
With offices in Toronto and Vancouver, SNAP is a fast growing consumer finance company. We provide a competitive salary, bonus structure, benefits plan and a fun and professional, team-focused working environment.
We are actively recruiting for a Director - Credit Strategy to join our team in our Toronto office. This role will be best suited for an individual who is self-motivated, results oriented and has a strong desire to succeed. Reporting directly to the Vice President, Credit Risk Management, this individual will primarily be responsible for the oversight, development, implementation and monitoring of Credit and Collection strategies for the commercial and consumer risk area.
Visit www.snapfinancial.com for more information.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Make decisions regarding credit risk, supported by comprehensive analysis in accordance with set timelines, authority limits, and quality standards
- Direct and manage the credit strategy team responsible for Credit Policy and risk controls for the portfolio
- Manage relationships with third party data providers supporting the risk strategy
- Assist with overall loan portfolio management and monitoring
- Conduct detailed, analytical investigations into operational and financial projects
- Compile data to generate ad hoc credit and risk analysis reports
- Maintain documentation related to existing credit policies, recommending updates as needed based on research and insight
- Resolve complex credit problems on highly sensitive accounts
- Serve as a subject matter expert on province related issues, regulations and trends
- Report building, report analysis, report management. Regularly prepare spreadsheets, reports, summaries and opinions for senior leadership
- Perform other duties/projects/research as requested by senior management
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or a combination of post-secondary education and work experience
- A minimum of seven (7) years of credit/underwriting experience in a financial services or related company
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Comfortable working knowledge of different web based systems
- Strong knowledge of consumer credit and lending practices
- Full capacity in assessing and reading Equifax, Trans Union and DnB bureau reports.
- Ability to negotiate effectively with intermediaries
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Self-driven, motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent time management, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Intermediate working knowledge of all personal lending products and services
- Intermediate working knowledge of the lending philosophies, policies and procedures
- Intermediate Underwriting experience is required
- Strong analytical and logical thinking, with attention to detail
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- Credit Underwriting in Financial Services or related company: 6 years (Required)
- Provincial Issues, Regulations & Trends in Credit Field: 6 years (Required)
- Development & Implementation of Credit Strategy: 6 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19