Would you like to work for a well-established, local company where you can be an active part of our daily success? Would you like to earn a great wage and excellent benefits while working in a very cool, forward thinking atmosphere? Would you like to be part of exciting technical innovations that will be at the fore front of environmental successes?
TCI (Red Deer branch) is looking for a Front Office Admin/Accounting Superstar who is excited to come to work and make a difference (and then enjoy life too!) We are Located in Red Deer in a safe secure area in a new shop building.
We are actively looking for the following person - are we looking for you?
- Proficient in computer software programs, Microsoft Office applications – experience in Excel, as well as Word, Outlook. This position requires comfort and efficiency with computers, software, email and the Web.
- Proficient/Working knowledge of QuickBooks (Prefer prior experience with QB or other accounting systems)
- Experience with office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and scanners
- Working knowledge of accounting and financial principles
- Full scale accounting experience preferred – AP, AR, Inventory, Customer relations and collections as need and full cycle AP
- Focused on Quality with excellent Time Management skills
- An assertive and dedicated Problem Solver
- Accountable and Dependable
- Have solid Decision Making and good Judgement
- Have excellent Communication skills, Written and Verbal
- Demonstrate Ethics and Integrity
- Are willing to wear many hats (some pretty, some fun, some serious, but all important)
- Is willing to dig in and help wherever help is needed
- Is energetic and excited to be a part of our daily team
- Has an eye to the future and is willing to look to continual upgrading, education and training as needed and desired
- Strong Organizational, Planning & Communication skills
- Attentive to detail and ability to work in team environment
Duties and Responsibilities
As an Accounting Administrative Assistant, it is expected you will support the controller and financial reporting by performing accounting duties, which may include preparing deposits, processing payments, creating financial reports, assisting with the budget planning, preparing and submitting tax forms and maintaining financial databases and spreadsheets. Accounting Administrative Assistants must have working knowledge of accounting functions. This Accounting Administrative Assistants position also assists in administrative and or clerical duties. This will include answering phones, greeting customers, making appointments, file paperwork, perform data entry, scan documents, receive and sort mail, and any other tasks that contribute to the function of the company and team.
An Accounting Administrative Assistant must be reliable and highly organized. They should possess excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing and work equally well independently and in teams. In addition, we would like to see the following skill sets:
- Compile, verify, record and process applications, licenses, contracts, other forms and documents using computerized and manual processing systems
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Accounts Receivable: track, verify, and enter Customer invoices, Assist in accounts receivable collection process as needed
- Accounts Payable: PO tracking, Vendor invoice approvals, and data entry of invoices, Vendor Payments, tracking invoices/payments, keeping AP system running smoothly and assisting with coding/coding questions for financial accuracy
- Payroll assistance in management of time-cards, hours, and payroll entry, calling in payroll
- Prepare reports, presentations and provide information to management regarding company and program rules, regulations and procedures
- Assist in the co-ordination of administrative procedures such as contracts, insurance requirements, and other documents
- Assist all field offices in any facet of administrative needs
- Respond to customer inquiries, maintain good customer relations
This position answers directly to the controller but will be called on to assist other managers as well.
Job Type: Full-time
- Administrative experience
- Accounts Payable: 2 Plus years (Preferred)
- Accounts Receivable: 2 Plus years (Preferred)
- Payroll: 2 Plus years Preferred)
- Preference given to applicants with Accounting and/or Administration education and training
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements in response to this ad - As well as please send 5 reasons why you are unique and qualified for this awesome job – why should we call you?
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Accounting Assistant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Administrative Assistant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Red Deer, AB (Preferred)