Join Our Team!
The Granite philosophy of uncompromising quality is showcased in its state-of-the-art athletic facilities, world-class events and programs for all ages, delectable dining experiences and personalized services, each tailored to suit the varied needs and desires of its diverse and sophisticated Membership.
The Granite Club is Canada's premier private Members' family, athletic, recreation and social club. Located in north Toronto, we offer our 11,000 Members the highest standard of facilities, programs and services.
We strive to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated individuals with a passion for providing exceptional service. We’ll reward all your hard work with a competitive salary and extensive benefits.
The Junior Project Manager at the Granite Club is responsible for assisting in the management and coordination of multiple projects and activities within the Facilities Division while providing project management advice to the Director of Facilities. If you are an experienced professional with a passion for infrastructure and project development, join the team!
- Represent the interests of Granite Club throughout project life cycles
- Keep the Director of Facilities and others informed of project status and issues that may negatively impact project outcomes
- Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor project plans, work hours, budgets and expenditures
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the Director of Facilities and the project team
- Receive and prioritize requests for information in conjunction with the Director of Facilities
- Review field inspection reports from consultants and action as appropriate
- Coordinate project and committee meetings as requested
- Draft monthly reports, presentations, communications and minutes
- Assist the Director of Facilities in the issuance of requests for proposals (RFPs), tenders, or other
- Coordinate procurement methods and maintain records of these processes
- Issue contracts and letters of intent
- Review and track consultant, supplier, and contractor progress billing claims
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Facilities and Building Operations Manager as needed including coordination of permits, minor variances, as-builts, and close-out documents for capital projects
What you can expect from us:
- A diploma in architecture, civil, mechanical or electrical engineering
- 3-5 years minimum related work experience
- Formal training in project management as per the PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge as per the Project Management Institute)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Above-average proficiency in MS Project, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint software
- A class G Ontario driver’s license
- Highly organized, team oriented, enthusiastic, well-groomed, reliable, punctual
- Flexible to work variable shifts; evenings, weekends and holidays
- Healthy and delicious complementary daily food offerings in our Staff Caf.
- Complimentary indoor parking
- Extensive medical and dental benefits for Employees and their families
- Exciting and diverse Employee events for both Staff and their friends and family
- Discounted Goodlife Fitness and GTA yoga studio memberships
- An Employee Wellness Program focused on both physical and mental health
- Exciting discounts on the Club’s retail and spa products and services
- Employee amenities including a comfortable Employee resting lounge, Employee on-site gym, free wi-fi and Employee computer stations
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of Granite Club policy, a condition of employment is to perform a criminal background check and a vulnerable sector search demonstrating a satisfactory criminal record prior to commencing employment.
The Granite Club is committed to providing fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided based on the information you provide to the Granite Club Recruiter.