Sidedoor Magazine is a Toronto based music and alternative culture publication which focuses on unique artists in the creative industry.
Sidedoor Magazine is looking for freelance writers for the print publication. The role will involve setting up interview questions and creating a narrative about the artist for each article. We are looking for writers with a good attention to detail as well as a strong creative ability to create engaging articles.
- Past writing experience - writing samples
- Degree in Journalism or currently studying (preferred but not required)
- Writers will be contracted per article
- $20-$40 per article depending on length of article
- Chance to be published in a physical magazine
- Writers will be able to meet with amazing artists in the creative industry
- Great experience and potential for networking with great connections in the city
- Free access to concerts and events in Toronto
- Potential for growth in the company - possible lead journalist position
- Submit resume with sample article(s) attached via email
Job Types: Contract, Freelance
- Writing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- English (Required)