We rely on our legal assistants to assist us with providing quality legal services to our clients, in addition to providing administrative and operational support. We are looking for an experienced, organized, and detail-oriented real estate legal assistant to join our real estate practice on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will not only possess excellent communication and time management skills, but is also a team player who is ready to assist our firm's real estate practice.
You are an ideal candidate if you are client-focused, detail oriented, and a reliable team player. You also have experience managing real estate transactions from start to finish and feel comfortable with managing files independently.
Our real estate practice includes: residential sales, purchases, refinancing, construction mortgages, and private transactions. Experience with commercial transactions is considered an asset.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years of residential real estate experience working in a real estate law practice;
- Advanced knowledge of real estate conveyancing procedures and legal terminology;
- Highly knowledgeable with Unity/DoProcess, PCLaw, SPIN, tax searches, real estate programs and MS Office (Outlook and Word), Adobe;
- Able to work independently, as well as collaborate with lawyers and other staff;
- Draft and review standard real estate transaction documents, including reviewing and preparing lending documents;
- Liaise with all internal and external parties, such as clients, realtors, mortgage brokers, financial institutions or insurance brokers;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to review and analyze Land Title Searches and encumbrances;
- Experienced in closing high volume of transactions in one day, including preparing searches, receipts, deposits and payouts.
- Preparing reporting letters to clients and lending institutions on a timely basis;
- Ability to manage high volume of tasks and files on a rush basis (if needed); and
- General administrative tasks as required, including office and file management.
Schedule: Our office hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
For the right candidate, we would consider part-time hours and flexibility provided the candidate is committed to being a team player. If interested, please specify this on your application.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.00-$32.00 per hour
- Legal Assistant: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person