GFL is looking for an experienced and motivated Collections Coordinator to join our dynamic team. Your duties will include collections of outstanding accounts receivable dollars from the existing client base, processing customer refunds, reviewing account alterations and resolving inconsistencies.
The role requires someone with the ability to balance maintaining trustful relationships and guaranteeing timely payments. The candidate should also possess outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
- Review assigned accounts to identify unresolved debts, late payments or other irregularities.
- Post customer payments by processing credit card transactions.
- Develop effective repayment plans.
- Making outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Perform account reconciliations.
- Provide timely Follow-up with managers on overdue accounts.
- Oversee all monthly payments and refunds.
- Perform all administrative duties related to ensuring office efficiency.
- Mail or email correspondence to customers to encourage payment of delinquent accounts.
- Respond to client account queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Recommend when accounts should be shifted to a collection agency and written off to bad debt.
- Use tracing techniques to locate customers.
- Investigate and resolve payment discrepancies and provide backups to customers.
- Researches charge backs and returned cheques.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years corporate collection experience with a large customer base.
- Bilingual – Both French and English is required.
- Strong communication, problem solving, and analytical skills are required.
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Detail oriented, self-disciplined and capable of completing tasks with a sense of urgency.
Job Type: Full-time
- Collections: 1 year (Preferred)