INTERNAL JOB TITLE: SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
Reporting to the National Director of Finance and as part of a team of accounting professionals, the incumbent is responsible for certain key financial operations for the organization along with acting as the back up to the payroll function.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Financial Operations
- Responsible for validating the budget and forecast import spreadsheets/tables including the salary import spreadsheets/tables.
- Provides support to the Branches in the preparation of the budget and forecast.
- Responsible for managing the Foundation’s endowment funds.
- Responsible for managing the Foundation’s research commitments and payments including following up with the research centers on payment related matters.
- Preparing end-of-year reports on research commitments.
- Ensures that the taxes are up to date in the accounting database.
- Prepares complex financial analysis.
- Prepares accounting procedures.
- Signs checks and prepares direct deposit transfer.
- Prepares the documents and support the auditors at year end.
- Verify the payroll on a bi-weekly basis including remittance payments. Assists the Payroll & Benefits Manager as needed.
- Acts as a back-up to the Payroll & Benefits Manager; processes the payroll in her absence.
- Payroll Accounting: performs an analysis of the salary expense balance sheet accounts; analyzes the variance report.
OUTSTANDING BENEFITS OFFERED:
The Foundation is proud to offer its employees a working environment that is ethical and responsible, respectful of all staff, volunteers and stakeholders, inclusive and flexible. The Foundation also offers a vast array of human resource programs and benefits, which include:
- 3 weeks vacation within the first calendar year (4 weeks for senior staff)
- 12 paid holidays
- 10 sick days per year
- 2 personal days per year
- “Summer Fridays”
- Office closure between Christmas and New Years
- A Group Insurance plan (Life Insurance/ Health & Dental/ Disability Insurance)
- An Employee Assistance Plan
- A Group RRSP
- A Tax Free Savings Account (no employer contribution)
- The possibility of flexible working hours
- Professional Development opportunities
- Scholarship Fund Opportunities
- University education and 5+ years experience in a similar role, or a relevant combination of education and experience.
- Advanced skills in Excel and Accpac mandatory.
- Certificate in Payroll Management would be an asset.
- Strong organizational and time/project management skills and the ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with varying and changing priorities.
- The ability to function in both official languages, with excellent English language skills both spoken and written.
- Self motivated with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- The ability to work flexible hours during quarter and year end accounting cycles.
- Experience in national (multi-site) organizations would be an asset.
Regular (35 hours per week)
The Kidney Foundation of Canada, National Office
310-5160 Decarie Blvd., Montreal, QC H3X 2H9
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.
Job Type: Full-time
- advanced skills in Excel: 5 years (Required)
- Payroll Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- advacnce skills of Accpac: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)