Kelly Panteluk Construction Ltd. (KPCL) is a family owned and operated business that got its start in 1953. We have a long track record of safely constructing key infrastructure projects in Saskatchewan, Alberta and Manitoba. Today we employ upwards to 300 people during peak construction season and have a modern fleet of more than 220 pieces of heavy construction equipment. We are building today for tomorrow – to build your career with us, apply now!
Now hiring experienced heavy duty mechanics. During peak construction season, work could be at projects near Kindersley, Lanigan, Saskatoon, Rocanville and Yorkton, Saskatchewan and a large solar project near Travers Alberta, maintenance facilities in the winter months are located in Estevan and near Saskatoon.
Applicants must have a valid drivers license and meet Fitness for Duty requirements. Preference is given to candidates with a Journeyperson or Red Seal accreditation and 6 - 9 years experience diagnosing and repairing Caterpillar equipment.
- Actively participating, promoting and engaging others in a culture of safety amongst employees, subcontractors and clients;
- Efficiently troubleshooting, diagnosing and performing cost-effective repairs on heavy equipment and trucks;
- Inspecting and performing regular maintenance or as needed repairs on heavy equipment and trucks;
- Ability to read electrical and hydraulic schematics proficiently;
- Documenting tasks completed as part of repairs and preventative maintenance program, including ability to use tablet in completion of tasks;
- Adapting to meet changing priorities, and helping resolve issues and concerns arising in the field on a timely basis;
- Communicating information clearly and effectively to all co-workers, foreman and Superintendents;
- Listening and carrying out instructions diligently, and speaking up when instructions are unclear, not understood or the hazards are not identified or mitigated;
- Mentoring and supporting employees pursuing trades person designations;
- Willingness to travel between jobsites and work overtime when required; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Employer, from time to time.
- Driver license, clean abstract and transportation to get to/ from work
- Pass pre-employment fitness for duty testing (Includes testing for Alcohol and Marijuana)
- Accommodations and meal services are provided at a temporary work camp and/or hotel if required to work away from home
- Enrollment in cost-share hourbank benefit program after two-months of consecutive employment
- Retention payment at end of season for additional compensation
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00-$42.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Pandemic plan and procedures implemented
- mechanical: 3 years (preferred)
- Journeyman (preferred)
- Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Drivers License, Class 3A or 1A Beneficial (preferred)