BUILD YOUR CAREER HERE
Metro Supply Chain Group is a North American leader in end-to-end supply chain solutions for some of the world’s most recognizable brands.
The Loss Prevention Specialist is an important and high-profile team member within the Metro Supply Chain Group. The Loss Prevention Specialist leads the effort to efficiently and effectively provide security services and asset protection to the Group.
The Loss Prevention Specialist reports to the Director of Loss Prevention and is responsible for providing expertise and guidance on all operational requirements and processes related to mitigating both Metro’s and the customer’s risks associated with day to day operations, by identifying opportunities for improvement in process, practise, and security infrastructure.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Completing daily, weekly, and monthly audits
- Edit and create Standard Operating Procedures & Emergency Response Programs on an ongoing basis
- Assist with investigations of internal and external theft and fraud and conduct interviews where appropriate
- Identify, promote and implement security best practices
- Serve as department’s liaison and security subject matter expert for facility management keeping them abreast of key issues, strategies and the department’s performance
- Partner with internal customers in evaluating current and future security services, processes and initiatives
- Awareness and implementation of best practices related to the utilization of physical security systems, investigation techniques, effective oversight of contract security officers, and distribution center loss mitigation techniques
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with off-site supervision
- College diploma or equivalent experience in an LP and Health & Safety management role.
- At least two (2) years’ experience working in a logistics environment, law enforcement or related field
- Valid agent license issued by the private security office (BSP)
- Extensive knowledge of security technology & infrastructure (CCTV systems, building alarm systems etc.)
- Knowledge of Canadian Acts (ie Cannabis Act, PIPEDA, Criminal Code, etc) and Regulations is an asset
- Knowledge/Member of Transport Asset Protection Association (TAPA) is an asset
- Interviewing and Interrogation experience desired and Wicklander and Zulawski certification is a plus
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Configure and troubleshoot security hardware and devices
- Experience with network security hardware and the configuration of devices, specifically with Aurora Keyscan and Exacqvision
- Partnering with IT at a high level to ensure network and security integration
- Some travel will be required within GTA and also out of Province
- Experience with warehouse or distribution center services
- Analytical experience in performance based, action and results oriented setting
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment
- Must have strong bilingual oral and written communication skills (French and English)
Join a diverse team empowered to continuously deliver value and make a real impact to our customers, our team, and our world.
- The opportunity to build a career with a growing company
- Company-provided medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Life insurance, disability and wellness programs including an Employee Assistance Program to support your family’s well-being
- A Retirement Savings Program
- Social events, employee appreciation days and community volunteering
- Company team wear allowance
- Tuition re-imbursement program
We are committed to building and fostering a diverse workplace where people feel included and valued. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Should you require accommodation for a special ability or need during any stage of the recruitment process, please contact a member of our Human Resources Team.