Experienced Sales Rep Required - BC - Surrey - $20/hour
M30 Retail Services, Inc. is a Calgary-based, forward thinking merchandising company setting the standard as a best practices merchandiser for retail companies across Canada. Our merchandising reps are dedicated and experienced, and our goal is to provide top notch merchandising services for our customers.
We are seeking a professional, dependable, and independent self-starter to represent and sell our valued clients' brands in BC - Surrey and surrounding area. This position is with our Vendor Services Department where the focus is on new sales and relationship building, as well as overseeing existing contracts in the territory. The successful candidate will work mostly autonomously and will be responsible for a variety of tasks such as arranging store visits, seeking new accounts through cold calling and relationship building, direct ordering and inventory management for our existing clients at retail locations in the area, as well as insuring existing products are current, are properly merchandised and compliant with all standards either through audits or various means. This "middle person" to the department's account managers and our clients in the store is relied upon heavily for their attention to detail and prompt follow-up on assigned tasks for success. If you are an out-going and confident salesperson who is looking to grow our brand representation in this exciting territory, we're looking forward to talking with you.
- Rate: $20/hour + vacation pay + mileage reimbursement
- Location: BC - Surrey
- Start Date: 06/23/2021
- Availability: Must be available to complete work Monday - Friday between 8AM to 5PM
- Hours/week: fluctuating hours, typically up to 15 hours per week
Successful Qualifications and Skills:
- Meeting with current clients and discuss their evolving needs to assess the quality of our company's relationship with them
- Keeping up-to-date knowledge of products and presenting product lines to both existing and prospective clients
- Managing and optimizing the completion of assigned tasks to limit unnecessary resources spent on travel and time
- Completing audits at retail locations for promotional display setups, locations, adequate inventory and reviewing compliance to planograms
- Order writing (potentially with periodic selling of merchandising units)
- Other merchandising tasks such as POS display setup or removal, price surveys, etc.
- Keeping and submitting timely and detailed reports through various online methods such as audit results, digital pictures, timekeeping, mileage, etc.
- 2+ years of field sales experience in retail settings such as grocery, pet stores, or home hardware
- Retail experience required (grocery is preferred)
- Retail auditing experience required
- Retail merchandising experience is required - must be familiar with planograms or schematics
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Solid customer service skills and excellent at building relationships
- Intermediate-level skills in the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- A computer (laptop) and a current mobile device (photo-capable) with an Internet connection.
- A reliable vehicle
If this job sounds like the perfect fit for you, please apply online and be prepared to provide
- a current resume highlighting sales and merchandising experience
We look forward to hearing from you!