What is Puppy Playtime?
Puppy playtime is the perfect opportunity for puppies to socialize with other puppies and humans in a physically and emotionally safe environment.
Puppies between 10 weeks and 24 weeks go through many critical learning periods where much of their adult social behaviour is imprinted. It is highly important that puppies have lots of positive social experiences with other dogs and humans during these periods in order to form positive associations, strong communication skills, and confidence to face various situations.
Puppy Playtime offers puppies a controlled environment to engage in free play with other puppies as well as meet new people. The puppies are grouped to be similar in size and play style in order to ensure that everyone has a good time!
The Puppy Playtime Facilitator:
It is the mission of the puppy playtime facilitator to ensure that all puppies participating in puppy playtime have an enjoyable time and are physically and emotionally safe.
This commitment includes:
- screening puppies effectively for proper age (10-24 weeks)
- screening for proper vaccination status (2 sets, parvo, adeno, distemper DAP)
- ensuring proper assignment of play group by weight and play style
- ensuring that the facility is clean and sanitary
- ensuring that the toys and enrichment activities are safe and fun
- ensuring that all humans handle the puppies calmly and safely
- ensuring water dishes are clean and water s fresh
- ensuring mop water is clean
- cleaning up messes promptly and well
When is Puppy Playtime?
The puppy playtime facilitator must be available to work Fridays from 5:30pm - 9:30pm and Sundays from 5:30pm to 9:30pm in accordance with our puppy playtime calendar.
The successful applicant should have demonstrable knowledge and experience in a dog training and enrichment, as well as excellent customer service skills and a love of puppies and their parents.
Reference ID: PUPPYPLAYTIME2020
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 per hour
- animal behaviour: 2 years (Required)