guestroom full service hotel, minutes away from area attractions, world-class wineries, golf and casinos. The Marriott on the Falls also offers sumptuous dining options at its on-site Milestones Fallsview Restaurant along with 23 private function rooms and boardrooms totaling over 40,000 square feet of meeting space including our 8400 sq. ft. Oakes Grand Ballroom with an additional 2700 sq. ft. foyer. Whether our guests are traveling on business or taking a much needed vacation, our mission is to always exceed the expectations of our guests.
Summary of Responsibilities:
At Marriott on the Falls, our operations thrive with the commitment of Associates who demonstrate/support the Marriott core values and culture of putting people first, acting with integrity, serving our world, embracing change, and pursuing excellence. We are currently seeking a Housekeeping Supervisor who has a passion for excellence to assist our Housekeeping Leadership team. Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper of the Marriott on the Falls, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in supervising the day to day operations of the housekeeping department by ensuring that Associates achieve the highest standard of cleanliness for the property.
- Inspecting guest rooms, public areas, meeting rooms, back of house areas and employee areas.
- Actively participate in daily pre-shift meeting.
- Supervising the training all housekeeping associates to ensure they are being trained according to brand standards
- Developing, coaching, and counseling a diverse team of housekeeping associates
- Ensuring that proper grooming and dress code policy is being followed
- Managing the staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are me
- Ensuring that all lost and found articles are stored properly and that the correct logs are maintained
- Ensuring that Guest Room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintaining high level of customer satisfaction by interacting/responding positively with guests and taking immediate action to resolve problems
- Ensuring that the yearly special cleaning projects are completed.
- Ensuring safety procedures and proper use of chemicals and cleaning supplies are adhered to by providing training to the housekeeping associates and ensuring hazardous supplies are labeled accordingly
- Performing all other job duties as directed or assigned
- Must have at least 1 year of leadership experience in a similar capacity, preferably with a world renowned full service brand hotel
- Strong supervisory leadership skills, including conflict resolution, coaching, development, and fosters a work environment suitable for learning and growth within the department
- Approachable: Establishes immediate creditability with guests and associates – leads all associates by example
- Outstanding attention to detail – both personal grooming/appearance and in properly ensuring that Marriott housekeeping cleanliness standards are maintained at all times
- Demonstrated commitment and passion to maximizing guest service satisfaction in each stage of the guest experience, particularly as they pertain to exceptional standards of cleanliness and order
- Excellent organizational, time management, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in managing in-house operated laundry operation
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Experience in working in a unionized environment an asset
- Must have excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be computer literate -proficient in Microsoft office and excel
Some Benefits Marriott on the Falls Employees Enjoy:
- Complimentary daily staff meal
- Immediate access to the Friends and Family hotel and dining discounts at any participating Marriott and Starwood brands hotels worldwide
- Complimentary parking; complimentary bike storage facilities
- Shower and locker facilities
- Complimentary Company sponsored events
- Personalized electronic access to your pay statements and annual T4 statements- accessible from the comfort of your own home, any computer, tablet or smartphone 24 hours per day, 7 days a week via. online.
Marriott on the Falls is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time