Want to join a winning team and advance your career potential? www.industra.ca
Core competencies shall include: Civil & Earthworks, Structural Concrete, Structures, Process Mechanical Piping
Our firm is expanding to the Prince George area and are looking for a competent, experienced local individual to participate in and benefit from this growth opportunity. This role will primarily involve estimating, but will also include business development and client relations.
This individual must have strong construction industry knowledge, strong estimating capabilities, have a strong work ethic and be able to work diligently and effectively unsupervised.
As a Construction Estimator you will be responsible for preparing turn-key estimates, RFP's and proposal submissions, primarily focusing on municipal infrastructure and industrial works, in both public and private sector markets throughout Western & Northern Canada. Reporting to the Chief Estimator, you will be based out of our Surrey, British Columbia office.
Experience with Bid2Win (B2W) and or Heavy Bid estimating software is preferred.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Select vendors and/or subcontractors and determine cost effectiveness of projects to be bid
- Perform Risk and Contract Management responsibilities as required
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work
- Consult with clients, vendors and other stakeholders to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve ant potential issues
- Review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality or availability of materials
- Review list of work to be performed by subcontractors
- Review final estimate and apply strategic cost factors where necessary
- Monitor client changes and advise the estimating team of all changes in scope during the estimate period
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned – may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits
- Advise on major changes in scope of work and monitor actual cost to estimated cost
- Search, analyze and communicate to the team options for the most effective means and methods of construction
- Prepare bids, select vendors and/or subcontractors and determine cost effectiveness of projects to be bid
Expected Start Date: 2020-07-20
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $120,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Business Development: 2 years (Preferred)
- Construction Estimating: 5 years (Required)
- Project Management: 3 years (Required)