Position Title: Order Picker - Grocery Warehouse (All Shifts Part-Time)
Requisition ID: 16501
Career Group (ADSP): Distribution Center
Division: Logistics and Distribution (80190524)
Department: Logistics and Distribution
Work Location: METRO ON - 170 THE WEST MALL (#A-WEST)
Position Type: Permanent
Job Location: Etobicoke, ON
Permanent - Part-Time
Immediate openings available!
Must have relevant experience in General Labor.
All Shifts Available: (6am - 2pm, 2pm - 10pm, 10pm - 6am)
Must be able to work at least 28 hours per week (up to 40 hours avail in May)
Multi-temperature Work Environments
$ 17.10 / hr (additional 0.55 cents per hour shift premium for afternoon and night shift)
Responsibilities of an Order Selector at Metro:
- To work independently in the warehouse, listen to and follow orders from a voice-recognition headset system, and manually locate and pick product cases weighing (up to) 50 lbs.
- Drive a motorized single / double pallet jack to transport pallets to be packaged and shipped.
- Achieve a 100% productivity rate to ensure product gets shipped to stores on time.
- Responsible for the daily safety check of equipment for safe operation.
- Integrate well into a culture where Health & Safety is a priority, by complying with safety standards and regulations.
- Help to maintain sanitation and food quality standards.
- A motivated worker 6-12 months of Order Selector experience in a warehouse / distribution center environment
- Experienced with (or comfortable with) operating a rider pallet jack machine
- Able to stand, walk, reach and lift products for extended periods of time in multi-temperature environments
- Able to lift 50 lbs every day, repetitively and safely
- 18 years of age or older
- An owner of CSA approved safety shoes
- Able to provide us with a clear criminal background check and professional references
- Able to read, write, listen to and follow instructions
Metro can offer you:
- Independent work while using headsets using software for picking orders
- Paid orientation and training
- 20-28 hours per week (plus potential for overtime work)
- A fast-paced, service-excellence focused environment
- Competitive benefits
Metro values, respects and leverages the differences and competences of all employees from a variety of different backgrounds. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
Metro is committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation or wish to receive this application in an accessible format, please advise.
Location: 170 The West Mall, Etobicoke, ON M9C 5L6, Canada
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.10-$18.10 per hour