In 1949, Morgan Strassburger Senior started his own business with a pick-up truck and a simple idea… customers expect quality workmanship and integrity at a fair price.
It has been seventy years since Morgan Sr. set the standards for the family business and it has earned a sterling reputation with customers, suppliers, staff and Ontario’s outstanding dealer network.
The experience gained in that time; along with a sustained investment in state-of-the-art manufacturing systems and technology has established a solid foundation for the company as a manufacturer of premium windows and doors. Our growth to becoming a leader in Southwestern Ontario has been due to a partnership between a team of dedicated professionals at our plant and the finest window and door dealers in Ontario.
Strassburger Windows and Doors is looking for an experienced DZ delivery driver to join our growing and dynamic team. This is a full-time position Monday-Friday, which includes benefits, an Employee Family Assistance Program and a Group RRSP program.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the truck is loaded in such a manner as to make maximum use of available space and that load is evenly distributed and secure
- Report any malfunctions and ensures the vehicle is filled with appropriate fuel
- Drives truck to destination, either alone or as a member of a two-person crew applying knowledge of safety regulations and road rules applicable to urban, interurban, provincial transportation driving
- Assesses delivery site for the best place to safely offload product
- Driver and helper will unload the truck, the product is carried to one central location on the ground level and dropped
- The driver will ensure the correct paperwork is signed by the client and collect any COD monies outstanding
- Keeps vehicle logbook recording items such as distance traveled, fuel consumption and other information
The successful individual must have:
- Completion of secondary school preferred
- DZ driver’s license with three years of experience preferred
- Be able to communicate professionally with homeowners, contractors, and dealers
- Be flexible, dependable, reliable, accurate and organized
Accommodations for disabilities are available upon request during all steps of the hiring process upon request.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- driving: 3 years (Preferred)
- DZ license (Required)