We are a dynamic high-tech design firm who specializes in leading-edge electronic product development. Our Hardware Team innovate, design and deliver next generation products for clients in emerging technology markets. We are looking for a PCB Layout Designer for our Ottawa or Kitchener Design Centres (both Full-time and Contract).
As a member of the Fidus R&D team, you will complete technically challenging designs for our customers in several industries such as big data computing, high-speed data communications, storage systems and wireless networking. And, you'll estimate turnkey projects and execute projects from initial concept, through development cycle and laboratory testing, to finished product.
You must have at least 5 to 8 years' experience laying out dense, high-speed, digital and analog boards for various industries and products. You must have a proven track record for delivering high-quality designs.
What's In It For You:
- Working with a Proudly Tier 1 High-Tech Design House at a Rapidly Expanding Industry: Fidus is pleased to provide customers with full end-to-end development solutions or more selective targeted engagements. Being a Xilinx Premier Design Services Member, Fidus has delivered more than 1500 projects for 300+ clients, from Tier-1 multinationals to SMEs to start-ups. Fidus is headquartered in Ottawa with local design centers in Kitchener-Waterloo and San Jose. Fidus is involved in assessing and implementing the newest technologies, often before they are released to the market.
- Join an Evolving Company: Make your voice heard and create the change you want to see. Be a contributor on challenging projects, lead with your expertise influencing change and growth in our product and services roadmaps. Fidus is recognized for accelerating the product development cycle and optimizing system implementation for better cost, performance and power to our clients!
- Join During Rapid Growth Mode: With growth achieved in 2019 over 55% and strong projections for 2020, you’re joining at an exciting time in Fidus history. Recognized as a trusted design partner, Fidus is dedicated to meeting customer expectations and develop long-term relationships with clients built on integrity, quality and open communications.
- Work with Cutting Edge Technology: Fidus specializes in leading-edge electronic product development, including hardware, software, and FPGA/ASIC design/verification. Work on a variety of leading technologies, be part of a team that solves the hard problems that new technologies present. Our training, mentoring, and exposure to different types of projects allow Fidus engineers to become highly sought after experts, more quickly than in other environment. Exposure to various diverse industries and clients which means exciting new technologies.
- Generous Benefits Package and Company Culture: Featuring a full benefits package, healthy work/life balance, LTD & STD, generous PTO and a company emphasis placed on feeling welcome and at home; ensuring you are taken care of is of utmost importance to Fidus.
- Layout of complex, multi-layer, high speed PCBs using Cadence Allegro PCB Design or Mentor Expedition/PADS
- Extensive experience applying advanced electrical constraint sets using the Allegro Constraint Manager, or equivalent
Additional Skills Considered an Asset
- Protel, Altium,Pcad
- OrCAD Layout
- Orcad CIS, Concept or DxDesigner (schematic capture tools)
- Autocad, Solidworks, Inventor (mechanical design tools)
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- College technician diploma or equivalent
- IPC certification will be considered an asset
- Be detail driven and have a good understanding of how to produce zero-defect layouts
- Understand the fundamentals of high-speed circuit card design and routing
- Exhibit strong communication skills
- Interact well with customers and other employees
- Ramp-up quickly on new technologies and processes
- Contribute to a dynamic and friendly working environment.