Job Number: 81774
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Hamilton General Hospital
Organization: NEURO SCIEN
Status: Temporary Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: Non Union Employees
Minimum Salary: 23.9600 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 30.7200
Post Date: May 28, 2020, 4:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Jun 4, 2020, 3:59:00 AM
The Adult Regional Care portfolio is home to the Regional Centre for Cardiac & Vascular, Neurosciences and Trauma , Critical Care, Burns and Trauma and Rehabilitation. The Hamilton General site serves as the Regional Trauma Centre, The Regional Stroke Centre and the Regional Neurosurgical centre for Central South Ontario. It also hosts the Regional Rehabilitation program which provides specialty care in the areas of Spinal cord Injury, Acquired Brain Injury, Stroke and Prosthetics / Orthotics.
The Administrative Assistant will provide full support to Directors within the Regional Rehabilitation and Neuroscience and Trauma programs but will also assist the other Directors within the Adult Regional Care Portfolio as necessary.
Role includes but not limited to, human resource and recruitment duties, myHR, KRONOS maintenance. Liaison with external stakeholders, patients, families and facilities. Report generation as needed (i.e., budgets, myHR). Coordination of meetings, minute taking, preparation of correspondence and supplies ordering.
The incumbent must be self-directed, client-focused and have demonstrated, excellent communication and administrative skills.
Schedule Work Hours
Monday - Friday; days
(this position is Temporary until June 2021)
1. Graduate of community college business secretarial program or equivalent and at least 3-5 years current related experience
2. Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm
3. Demonstrated expertise in minute-taking and transcription abilities
4. Demonstrated ability to develop systems that create efficient work flow
5. Demonstrated excellent computer skills in a variety of applications including Windows, MS Word, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, Taleo, KRONOS, Meditech and Management Information Tool, Basware, myHR
6. Demonstrated excellence in effective communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and problem-solving skills
7. Demonstrated ability to appreciate confidential nature of position
8. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
9. Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative, organize and establish priorities and meet deadlines
10. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with various hospital departments and regional stakeholders
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement