We're looking for a Process Engineer to join our dynamic technical team in Arthur, Ontario. The Process Engineer works closely with production, maintenance and machine build to achieve company goals in safety, quality, cost and delivery (SQCD).
You’ll lead the manufacturing design process of products and the capability and quality assurance on each process developed for machining and assembly area. You’ll support the production departments and mass production on analysis, process improvements and practices that enable optimum production output in cost reduction, process optimization, quality improvements, and scrap reduction.
- Provide technical support in production departments and manufacturing activities to achieve QCD targets.
- Lead new product launches and development of new processes.
- Conduct OEE and capacity analysis, and action plan as required.
- Conduct cycle time evaluations and follow up with technicians on action items.
- Create and maintain engineering cost tables for actual and new products.
- Create and maintain process documentation for mass production and new products, PWS, offset sheets, PFMEA, PDCA methodology, and CAD Skills.
- Assist purchasing in the sourcing and development of vendors.
- Conduct tooling life analysis and create tooling Bill of Materials (BOMs).
- Prepare verbal and written reports.
- Attend annual health and safety training including (but not limited to) WHMIS, and Lockout Tag-out.
- Perform related duties as required.
About You – The Ideal Candidate:
You have what it takes to thrive in a fast-paced automotive company with your passion, ability to think outside of the box, and motivation for success. You have a positive attitude and can adapt to any situation. You’re an effective communicator and collaborate well with others as a team player. You have exceptional organizational and time management skills to effectively execute projects from start to finish. And of course, you are someone who embraces company values and philosophies in all aspect of your work.
- Degree in mechanical or industrial engineering, or in a related engineering discipline.
- Valid P. Eng. license or EIT/OCETT.
- Proven mechanical experience in manufacturing process of design, development and qualification (capability, quality, and OEE analysis).
- 3-5 years of CNC applications experience on lathes and mills.
- 3-5 years of experience of process development for machined parts and assembly.
- 3-5 years of experience of tooling for machining.
Come Join Us – “Be Unique”
Musashi Auto Parts ("Musashi") is a global company specializing in the production and supply of high precision parts in the automotive industry.
Musashi is inspired by passionate who believe in thinking smart and working hard in a harmonious atmosphere to achieve the work they love to fuel the company’s global growth. In Musashi’s Monozukuri culture, we offer an open environment where you can have fun, collaborate and share your unique ideas to make a real business impact on our company and to our customers. We value our people and offer cool perks for working at Musashi – including an amazing group benefits plan, a fitness incentive, snow tires incentive, birthday & anniversary gifts, and much more!
We’re a global company that is constantly looking to create new and better ways to grow and exceed our customer expectations with high quality and unique technology. Got what it takes? We want to hear from you!
At Musashi, we're an equal opportunity employer and committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sex, veteran status or sexual orientation. Please indicate if you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process.
Job Type: Full-time
- CNC applications: 3 years (Preferred)
- Tooling for machining: 3 years (Preferred)
- Process development for machined parts & assembly: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Arthur, ON (Preferred)