Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. is a well-established and respected heavy civil contractor that operates throughout Canada. Our company is committed to the excellence of our work, and workplace safety and building trust with our clients. We believe in our people and trust that they are the backbone of our success.
At Morgan, we don’t just build projects; we build careers and futures. Join us as a Class 1 Lowbed Winch Driver and be a part of our commitment to our values and pillars of excellence.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for transporting heavy equipment (Excavators, Graders, Loaders, Scrapers, Dozers, Rock trucks, Tractors and Packers, etc.) to various work sites by operating a tractor and lowboy equipment trailers.
- Loading equipment on and off of the low bed truck and following site safety rules and regulations
- Ensuring loads are secure by utilizing chains, tarps, as required
- General maintenance and upkeep of the vehicle as required - daily preventative maintenance inspections and safety checks
- Maintaining log books, field level hazard assessments and time sheets in an accurate and timely manner
- Participate in toolbox and safety meetings as required
- Working with other members of the team in a professional manner to ensure we provide the best service possible to internal and external clients
- Minimum of 1 year operating a flat deck truck, loading/unloading and transporting heavy equipment with multi axle (jeeps/boosters/trailers)
- Must have valid Class 1 driver's license with Air brake endorsement - candidate to provide a clean 5 year commercial drivers abstract
- Demonstrated ability, with extensive experience operating winch tractor, wheeler trailer and scissor neck trailers
- Knowledge and experience with heavy equipment within the oil and gas industry
- Willingness to work long hours including weekends
- Possess or willing to obtain the following safety tickets: CSTS with OSSA Regional Orientation or OSSA BSO or CSO, Intermediate First Aid, H2S Alive, Ground Disturbance II, Bear Awareness.
- Embrace the elements by working outdoors in all weather conditions. Whether it's rain, shine, or snow, you'll need to thrive in diverse weather environments.
- Expect to handle noise and vibrations on the job.
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours a day.
- Must be able to work day or night shifts.
- With a willingness to work and live in remote areas, you will experience a truly unique lifestyle on a rotational schedule, with accommodation provided.
Why Join Us?!
- We are part of a small percentage of companies that offer our drivers a scheduled rotation for a work/life balance.
- Our total compensation package includes competitive wages and extended health, dental and life insurance, and vacation and holiday pay.
- We provide our employees with stability and security by offering continuous year-round work.
- Career development and training.
- We take care of our team by providing various incentives and bonuses.
This position is based out of our Acheson, Alberta office
CA$35.00 - CA$46.00 per hour based on experience.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $35.00-$46.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Retention bonus
Work Location: In person