Thermoproof is an Island manufacturer of quality vinyl windows and patio doors. We also supply interior and exterior doors to our customers. We are looking for a self motivated sales representative to join our sales force. We need someone who has customer focus, quality orientation, is a team player with loyalty, ethics and integrity.
We have a very special environment at Thermoproof which is both fast paced and quality oriented. Members of our Sales Team are held to the highest standards of customer satisfaction and professional performance. We care for our Sales Team backing their efforts with a supportive infrastructure and quality products with lifetime warranties.
If you love to achieve sales goals through stellar service to customers and you want to be a contributor to the a locally owned, quality oriented company, come and explore what Thermoproof has to offer.
The position is head-quartered in our Duncan location with a customer base throughout the South Island. The Sales Representative deals with our network of Dealers, Contractors and Home Owners.
The Sales Representative is responsible for acquiring, expanding and maintaining a particular territory or area of sales accounts. This role involves increasing company revenue by generating sales from new and existing customers. This is to be achieved by providing prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service to clients and customers in the Thermoproof showrooms, by phone, and in-person in the customer’s office or on their job-site location.
The Sales Representative will also work with sales channels to raise awareness of company offerings and initiate new business ventures in order to increase market share and meet fiscal goals.
The Sales Representative will participate in weekly company meetings providing progress reports, participate in training sessions and product knowledge seminars, and share knowledge with other members of the Thermoproof sales team.
The Sales Representative will build and maintain positive relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and other stake holders.
- Customer Focus
- Energy and Stress
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Ethics and Integrity
- Development and Continual Learning
- Accountability and Dependability
- Serve as a single-point-of-contact for key accounts; develop and maintain relationships within assigned accounts, promoting awareness of new products and services, improving client utilization and product/service adoption rates
- Collaborate with customer contacts, in order to define needs and provide solutions
- Identify and target new business sales opportunities that will close with an acceptable gross margin
- Provide input and assist in development of presentations and other marketing collateral when requested
- Ensure overall client satisfaction
- Assist with training of personnel, and transfer product knowledge and sales skills to all members of the sales team
- Achieve quarterly sales quotas and the objectives of employment.
- Participate in corporate marketing activities, such as conferences, home and trade shows and open house events, as required.
- Maintain a high level of customer service.
- Participate in merchandising and promotional activities.
- Ensure accuracy in all transactions, inventory, and procedures.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge.
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanor, and attitude at all times.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum three years of direct-selling and account management experience
- Demonstrated ability to make sales deals
- Experience selling multiple product lines
- Able to effectively communicate key information to all audiences
- Strong consultative skills
- Skilled at assessing client needs, developing proposals, and delivering solutions
- Knowledge of retail and wholesale sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills, with a high degree of tact and persuasiveness
- Excellent speaking skills, including presentation skills to diverse customers
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Ability to coordinate, organize and present product demonstrations and other events
- High level of proficiency with quoting and sales software packages
- Motivated and creative team player
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Must possess a valid Class 5 BC driver’s license.
- Some travel required
- Ability to conduct presentations
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop or laptop computer and peripherals
- Overtime as required
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- outside sales: 2 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Duncan, BC (Preferred)
- BC Class 5 Driver's (Required)
- English (Required)