Community Living North Halton has been supporting our communities since 1955. We are a leader in the field of Developmental Services, our mission is to provide supports and services to individuals with developmental disabilities and to enhance their personal growth and inclusion in the community. We offer a wide range of services to individuals of all ages and their families.
We are committed to our vision of being a community where everyone belongs and is valued.
- To maintain and manage the Petty Cash Accounts and the Debit Card Bank Account balances for agency programs and reconcile with the General Ledger.
- Maintain Accounts Receivable Ledger including: prepare customer invoices and process payments received.
- Maintain Accounts Payable Ledger including: produce cheques, process suppliers’ invoices in a timely manner, code and obtain appropriate authorizations.
- To perform Financial Site audits for Agency locations and clients’ bank accounts and mini banks.
- Identify unusual balances or discrepancies, investigate to obtain explanations and make recommendation on required adjustments
- Provide ongoing support to Director of Finance and the Department
- Maintain an effective program of internal control through accurate and reliable financial reporting and analysis
- Recommend improvements in accounting process and procedures
- Carries out other duties as assigned and as needed
- University / College degree in Accounting or related field
- Advanced standing in a recognized professional accounting program or a minimum of second year CPA
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressive experience in the A/R, A/P, G/L areas of Finance
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience that in the opinion of the Director of Finance constitutes adequate and suitable preparation for the position.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Advanced computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Office Software, including Word, Excel, Outlook and accounting packages ( Sage 100)
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounts payable and receivable processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial control, accounting and reporting practices
- Ability to interpret and implement policies and procedures
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Understanding and knowledge of supporting a unionized environment
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills to prioritize workload
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
We thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates with the minimum qualifications will be contacted and considered for an interview.
In accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarions with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Community Living North Halton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect to any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
Job Type: Full-time
- A/R, A/P, G/L areas of Finance: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)